diy solar

diy solar

wzrelb pure sine wave 5000w 24v power inverte

I wasn't sure of the polarity because the manual says if 2 or more batteries are used you must jump from battery 1 negative to battery 2 positive so I connected the renogy to only the 1st battery
Which meant that you were just charging one battery. Follow proper setup of your Renogy after disconnecting it entirely by PV first than battery. Reconnect your wires and than connect the SCC before connecting PV.

In the image below is series hookup. Your inverter and the SCC wires will hook up to the non jumpered terminals

Attachments

• 1711817737968.png
    1711817737968.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Which meant that you were just charging one battery. Follow proper setup of your Renogy after disconnecting it entirely by PV first than battery. Reconnect your wires and than connect the SCC before connecting PV.

In the image below is series hookup. Your inverter and the SCC wires will hook up to the non jumpered terminals
Thanks to all that have responded trying to help. So I did try doing just that and the renogy battery display started flashing so I am completely confused at this point

Also a single 200w panel with voc of 23v will never charge a 28v system
For what I was charging and powering I didn't think I needed 2 of them. Funny thing is I had bought 2 to begin with and returned it thinking that it was too much! I may also only be fine with 1 battery you think????

For what I was charging and powering I didn't think I needed 2 of them. Funny thing is I had bought 2 to begin with and returned it thinking that it was too much! I may also only be fine with 1 battery you think????
Your inverter is 24vDC. All your components must be sized to meet this. 1 battery of 24vDC is actually better when is LiFePO4 because two 12v ones will become imbalanced with their separate BMS's.

Your system needs a redesign. Typically you start with the loads you need powered and then you work to build your supply to meet the loads (and some more for system losses).

Your inverter is 24vDC. All your components must be sized to meet this. 1 battery of 24vDC is actually better when is LiFePO4 because two 12v ones will become imbalanced with their separate BMS's.

Your system need a redesign. Typically you start with the loads you need powered and then you work to build your supply to meet the loads (and some more for system losses).
Ok. Well I guess I need to go battery shopping again. Thank you for the info.

Ok. Well I guess I need to go battery shopping again. Thank you for the info.
At this point you are set up for a small 12v system, just wrong inverter.

That inverter is too big for what you need anyhow from the sounds of it.

Maybe a cheap 12v inverter around 1000w would suffice for charging your tool batteries. Least expensive route rather than buying another battery and solar panel

I guess at this point to not just be throwing money away I need to ask as to how to proceed? New battery perhaps with 24v DC?

At this point you are set up for a small 12v system, just wrong inverter.

That inverter is too big for what you need anyhow from the sounds of it.

Maybe a cheap 12v inverter around 1000w would suffice for charging your tool batteries. Least expensive route rather than buying another battery and solar panel
I think that a larger battery would be more inexpensive that buying another inverter?? I am kind of stuck with this one.

Do I need to attach anything to the load line with a bulb pic on it? I left it with nothing
No

I guess you just answered my question of if I can keep this inverter.
Your batteries can be hooked up PARALLEL for 12v at 100ah. I think you could find a small 12v inverter for around $100-150.
Are there any one piece solar panels that will be sufficient to charge it? Looking for the most cost effective route here.
For 24v, a single solar panel would need a Vmpp of 34v and up, otherwise you can series another panel like you have.

No

Your batteries can be hooked up PARALLEL for 12v at 100ah. I think you could find a small 12v inverter for around $100-150.

For 24v, a single solar panel would need a Vmpp of 34v and up, otherwise you can series another panel like you have.
Would this work?? Not sure what vmpp means
  • Rated Power Output390 W
  • Voltage (VOC)40.8
  • Number of cells120
  • Cell TypeMonocrystalline

Would this work?? Not sure what vmpp means
  • Rated Power Output390 W
  • Voltage (VOC)40.8
  • Number of cells120
  • Cell TypeMonocrystalline
Voc is open circuit max going to charge controller. This is important to not exceed limits on the cc.

Vmpp is what the panel will perform best at loaded from charge controller. This should be higher than your system voltage by at least 5v.

You may have to dig for panel specs. Not so critical for multi panel arrays but when trying to use only 1, its the most important thing to look at.

Voc is open circuit max going to charge controller. This is important to not exceed limits on the cc.

Vmpp is what the panel will perform best at loaded from charge controller. This should be higher than your system voltage by at least 5v.

You may have to dig for panel specs. Not so critical for multi panel arrays but when trying to use only 1, its the most important thing to look at.
I'm sorry for not understanding the lingo, but based on what I suggested, would this panel work?? Here is more info.
Rated Power Output390 W
Voltage (VOC)44.1 V
Maximum String Voltage1500V
Number of cells132
Cell TypeMonocrystalline
Rated Efficiency19.2 %

I didn't see it mentioned, but if you charged one of the batteries and not the other, they're borked.

You need to disconnect both batteries completely and individually charged each 12V to full with a 12V charger.

Once complete, you can then re-wire them in series for 24V. NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER hook anything that draws a load or supplies charge to an individual 12V battery in a 24, 36 or 48V system. Period.

The 5000W inverter is massively oversized for your use. Just by being on and powered no loads, it will deplete your batteries in 1-2 days. Your 200W solar MIGHT be able to keep up with it if it were suitable for charging a 24V battery.

I'm sorry for not understanding the lingo, but based on what I suggested, would this panel work?? Here is more info.
Rated Power Output390 W
Voltage (VOC)44.1 V
Maximum String Voltage1500V
Number of cells132
Cell TypeMonocrystalline
Rated Efficiency19.2 %

This should work well. It is a "24V" panel suitable for charging 24V batteries with a PWM or MPPT solar controller.

For the time being, I would correct the issues discussed and only turn the inverter on when you need to use it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back