diy solar

diy solar

Xantrex freedom 4000 stacking dosent work?Junk?

Patdufo1

xantrex freedom 4000 inverters stacked doesnt work?I have been dealing with xantrex support since march,they sent me several files to program for stacking that it would not accept and some with wrong numbers,when finally one was accepted it wont turn on,tries to the first turns on the second before both Then tried again telling me that he had 2 in his office and would have me a working file,that was a month ago!!!!!!!!!!Tells me he had an emergency at the office!!!!!So I am tired of having extension cords every where and no 240v after paying over 5000 for these inverters with the last of my retirement annuity,does any one know how to make these stack propperly?Do you have a working file that I can copy settings for mine?

Also I bought an victron 100amp auto transformer,another 700 dolllars for something that was supossed to be working,do you think it will work with the pair of inverters?Or even one?I have spent hundreds of hours on this(obviously no more xantrex for me)thanks

I have had aims inverter chargers for many years,easy to set up no crazy files to flash and they work,wish I had stuck with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you post pictures of the setup? Show battery wiring, PV and AC connections too.

Maybe we can spot something causing the issues.
Thanks!

They work on there own,both hooked up to my electric panel 100% off grid,when only one is on it powers that side of the panel,if the other is on it powers the other,They are wired with a class T fuse and 60KWH of lithium batteries and work well on there own,when I try to start them one inverter turns the second but both then shut down with red lights and when they try the power actually comes on for a second,tried with pulling the bonding screw on the first one as per instructions and with the screw in,with and with out terminators,I worked in car audio for years so the DC side is perfect and have wired a few houses and put in my own panel,it is a file or comunication problem,this inverter is fairly new,I dont think they have it worked out yet.(also tried different ethernet cable)

They work on there own,both hooked up to my electric panel 100% off grid,when only one is on it powers that side of the panel,if the other is on it powers the other,They are wired with a class T fuse and 60KWH of lithium batteries and work well on there own,when I try to start them one inverter turns the second but both then shut down with red lights and when they try the power actually comes on for a second,tried with pulling the bonding screw on the first one as per instructions and with the screw in,with and with out terminators,I worked in car audio for years so the DC side is perfect and have wired a few houses and put in my own panel,it is a file or comunication problem,this inverter is fairly new,I dont think they have it worked out yet.(also tried different ethernet cable)

Return them for a refund. Use credit card dispute if needed.

cant bought privately,wish I could,if the autotransformer doesnt work will have to resell,they work fine on there own(also would have to go with out power while doing it.Thanks for the reply

Update just got a email from one of there engineers,he to is getting code48 from the set he has in the office and promisses to continue working on it,so I will wait a little longer till I post this every where,8mnths talking to support many bad files,no reply for months at a time,but I will give them some more time,meen while will try the auto transformer.

Back