diy solar

diy solar

XUBA batteries arrived

so first the wire then regular washer then the hex bolt?
Yes but it's called a lug. The wire is crimped to the lug.

So I drew a diagram of what my set up is going to be. Should I upgrade the fuse to 40A? what else should I do?
I don't know how the solar side should be fused. But I do know a fuse should me installed between the battery and the inverter.

Right now on my 200w system I do not have a fuse between battery and inverter
You need to post the specs of your panels before anyone will be able to help you with fusing on the solar side. A 20 amp fuse may work. It depends on the peak current your panels are capable of.

According to your photo, the inverter is rated at 1000 watts. That's going to require a bigger fuse.. What size cable do you have connected between the battery and the inverter?

I'm going to be using two Renogy 100w panels and two HQST 100w panels. Both Mono. The wires look like 4AWG

Was looking at Xuba feedback and found your question re solar fusing.
Look at the fuse amperage rating on the panels. If you are connecting panels in parallel then need to be seperately fused if the current of the others in parallel can exceed the fuse rating on the back of the panel.
EG connecting 3x 250w 40V 8A panels up in parallel. The panels are rated for 15A fusing max. Therefore all 3 need to be fused because if one has a fault and shorts, then 16A will flow through it which is above the fuse rating.

Back