diy solar

diy solar

Xw pro vs solark 12k

Roqm

Here is another test of inverters capabilities, this is still not a completely fair test but it seems to only test inversion capabilities of both inverters, I don't belive its fair to test a hf inverter vs a lf inverter as we all know hf inverters do not do well with unbalanced loads.

Thanks for posting this. As a Conext XW+ 6848 user this was very informative. There was a recent thread on this forum, one of the members was questioning why someone would spend $3,000 to $3,500 for a Schneider or Outback inverter. Guess we have the answer.
Keeping in mind the Sol-Ark 12K is a $7,000+ product, I would have to say that this test was in fact very fair. Even the 12K badging is misleading as its actually only rated at 9kW for the Inverter output and the Sol-Ark couldn't even supply a 7.5kW continuous load. I'm even more please to have chosen the Schneider especially since I found it new in the box and original shipping pallet for $2,500 back in 2018.

Thanks for posting this. As a Conext XW+ 6848 user this was very informative. There was a recent thread on this forum, one of the members was questioning why someone would spend $3,000 to $3,500 for a Schneider or Outback inverter. Guess we have the answer.
Keeping in mind the Sol-Ark 12K is a $7,000+ product, I would have to say that this test was in fact very fair. Even the 12K badging is misleading as its actually only rated at 9kW for the Inverter output and the Sol-Ark couldn't even supply a 7.5kW continuous load. I'm even more please to have chosen the Schneider especially since I found it new in the box and original shipping pallet for $2,500 back in 2018.
The reason i called this a unfair comparison is high frequency inverters have issues that toridal inverters will never have its not exactly apple to apple but it is a look at surge capabilities of both, and you are absolutely correct about the weird naming it is deceptive.

In reading the comments to that video it was never answered, even though it was asked multiple times whether for the Sol-Ark if "...the setting for this test was done with [default] 100a or [with] the changed setting of 185a..."?

If the settings were incorrect likely it would be more fair to set correctly and rerun the test but no replies...

In recent comments it was denoted that "...At 14:30 it was clearly drawing 150 amps from the battery...". Don't know if that fully answers the question of whether it was properly configured nor what firmware version the system was running.

They are able to draw up to 190a if im not mistaken.

Back