diy solar

diy solar

YouTube is removing the Dislike Button Today.

robby

Photon Vampire
Today it is the Dislike button and soon it will be the comments.
Read the comments and please add your own.

So they do not like people drive up the Dislike, how about people that drive up the Like?

YouTube Deleted 2.5 Million ‘Dislikes’ From Biden White House Videos​

YouTube has deleted about 2.5 million ‘dislikes’ from videos on the official White House channel of President Joe Biden, according to data collected and posted online by a researcher who wished to remain anonymous. YouTube recently announced that it’s testing a new page design that hides the dislike count, so Biden will look like everybody likes him and no one dislike him.

YouTube has deleted about 2.5 million ‘dislikes’ from videos on the official White House channel of President Joe Biden, according to data collected and posted online by a researcher who wished to remain anonymous. YouTube recently announced that it’s testing a new page design that hides the dislike count, so Biden will look like everybody likes him and no one dislike him.

You're quoting a website "CNNBC" dot com?

ROFLMAO

You either got tricked or you know its a fake news website... That is not CNN or CNBC.

They are removing all Dislikes from every Video, not just Biden's.

I don't see why this is any kind of interesting news..

You folks actually pay attention to or use the like-dislike buttons????? Seriously?

They are removing all Dislikes from every Video, not just Biden's.
Well.

Yes. Currently.

But that was not the case 9 months ago.

They did actually do this ages ago to his inauguration video on the Whitehouse official page, and many others since.

The dislike count was at some 5 figures and a few hours later most of the dislikes were gone, and it was around 2k.

I saw this myself in action at the time, but here's a screenshot that's been going around from a different video of him doing his thing. This was posted to reddit January 22nd. Long before this topic of youtube removing 'all of them'.

And it's been ongoing since day one.

It's a well known fact that the likes and dislikes of prominent figures have been being manipulated for some time under the claim that "its just trolls".

Well guys guess what. If a "troll" is hitting dislike, it's probably because they actually dislike the content. You're rarely going to have someone out to get anyone that they liked in the first place. So I consider any dislike still valid.

RDT_20211111_2323346023087215468598601.png

I don't see why this is any kind of interesting news..

You folks actually pay attention to or use the like-dislike buttons????? Seriously?
Well when your looking for a video that has technical information a good first check is to see how many Dislikes the video has. If it has lots of Dislikes then it's typically a Red Flag that the information is incorrect or dangerous without the creator pointing out the dangers.
Say like a video by some newbie showing how to wire up several hundred used 18650 batteries to power your house and he does not mention the fire hazards. When you see a high ratio of dislikes it's a good idea to read the comment section before watching. I typically ignore the comments section unless I see a high number of dislikes.

Second reason is the endless amount of Click Bait that is on YouTube. Dislikes save future viewers from being sucked into videos that are just designed to make revenue by using interesting titles or cover photos.

The third and most important reason to be pissed off is that it now makes everything on YouTube look like it's good even if it's crap. All you will see is 1000 likes and not know that there are 20,000 dislikes hidden. So you now join the other people and waste your time watching the crap and have no way of signaling your displeasure with the video.

Before you could simply glance at the Like to Dislike Ratio and tell there was something seriously wrong here, but now imagine you simply follow this video's instructions:

I also look at the so called review of the products but come to find out it is nothing but an advertising not the review of the product and you will see lots of Dislike.

Well when your looking for a video that has technical information a good first check is to see how many Dislikes the video has. If it has lots of Dislikes then it's typically a Red Flag that the information is incorrect or dangerous without the creator pointing out the dangers.
Say like a video by some newbie showing how to wire up several hundred used 18650 batteries to power your house and he does not mention the fire hazards. When you see a high ratio of dislikes it's a good idea to read the comment section before watching. I typically ignore the comments section unless I see a high number of dislikes.

Second reason is the endless amount of Click Bait that is on YouTube. Dislikes save future viewers from being sucked into videos that are just designed to make revenue by using interesting titles or cover photos.

The third and most important reason to be pissed off is that it now makes everything on YouTube look like it's good even if it's crap. All you will see is 1000 likes and not know that there are 20,000 dislikes hidden. So you now join the other people and waste your time watching the crap and have no way of signaling your displeasure with the video.
I can not completely agree with all that, but I do see your point.

I see a lot of stuff on youtube with lots of likes and yet the advice in the video is garbage.

The whole crowd sourcing thing only works when the crowd has an average intelligence above a 5th grader. (sarcasm)

This is especially true with homesteading videos, solar videos, and political stuff.. As a prepper, I see that the videos on this subject alone are off the wall idiotic, yet they have lots of likes.

The click bait thing is valid.. If youtube doesn't start regulating things better, they're going to end up on their way down like facebook is.

Use your critical thinking and ask why they would really remove the dislike? I can only come up with one reason.

Back