diy solar

diy solar

Adding 2 Pole AC Disconnect to AC IN

ironcast

My inverter is in a cabin. The "Utility In" is an extension cable running from a plug point in the main house. The cable has Line, Neutral and Earth connecting into the inverter AC IN and share the single Earth port on the inverter with the inverter AC OUT - a power block with a built-in 13a fuse. Thus the inverter is grounded to the house which obviously has the necessary ELBs in its own DB Board.

I want to connect a 2 Pole AC Disconnect switch between the extension cable from the house and the inverter because I dislike pulling out the extension plug regularly. What do I do with the Earth wire? Do I leave it disconnected from the inverter, leaving only the inverters AC OUT Earth wire on its Earth port? Or do I still run it into the inverter bypassing the switch. So I will end up with neutral and line in the AC Switch and an Earth cable running directly into the inverter like I had.

Or do I tie Earth to Neutral in the switch.

Thanks!!!

No harm to leave the ground connected straight through. s/b no Neutral-Ground bond except for at the main meter panel.
If the outlet is on a separate breaker I believe it would be fine to just switch the breaker off.

Back