diy solar

diy solar

Zendure SuperBase V 4600

JayC

Just got my SuperBase V 4600. Here are my initial thoughts:
* smell is awful - admittedly I have a strong reaction to off gassing plastic
* heavy - 121 lbs rolls easy but you need to lift it out of it’s shipping foam
* front casters - get hung up on my door mats. Had to pull up on the handle to help them over.
* Fans - are loud even on mid (700W charging). There is a quiet mode but it limits charging to 315W. Right now I’m concerned this will limit my use ?
* It looks sleek
* Handle is quality
* Display is nice
*App - very easy to connect to, setup wifi, and control remotely
* User manual is sparse - I had downloaded it already but app has it too

No quick start guide, but app has some areas that explain the operation like the system will auto calibrate BMS monthly.

Will update this thread as I live with it for a bit.

Charged to 100%. I bit the bullet and let it charge on max (1500w) with 100% fan noise. Ugh, horrible. Anyway, updated the firmware. Per recommendation by another member, I unplugged AC cable before starting. Updated DC controller firmware first. No issues and system restarted itself. Next did AC controller firmware, again no issues and the system restarted. Finally the main firmware. Same, no issues and the system rebooted.

Next I need to fully discharge and recharge the battery to calibrate the BMS and SOC. Hopefully the fans are quiet.

Spoke too soon. Looks like AC firmware has messed up AC inverter control. I can’t turn on AC outputs.
Update, I tried turning it off and back on and now AC output is working. Currently discharging at 320W and fans are off. Going to add more to see when fans will come on.

Last edited:
Wish I had seen your post before you updated. Fortunately for you, you got it working. Mine along with many others has no AC output after attempting to update the AC firmware. Zendure seems not to want to take responsibility and is not responding to customers.

Yeah, I completed the calibration over 2 days and recharged it about 4 hours (wasn't watching it) as 1500W. I just need to complete the transfer switch wiring so I can do a test to get a sense of how much "time" I'll have and what strategies I'll need to use in a real event.

I will say this, the fan noise is completely resolved when charging and discharging at 1500 to 1700W.

1. Big con (unless you are trying to get the batt to 0 for calibration) is that the self discharge is crazy if you leave the AC inverter on with nothing connected. I'm talking 4% in an hour or so (will check again in the future and do a timer. Neither the display nor the app record this wasted energy.
  2. Another con, I would prefer to see 4 digits of wattage, but you either get 0-999 or 1.0k to 3.8k. I was hoping to get a more accurate number when I test my transfer panel.
On a side note, I'm testing the 1000M on my PC with two monitors (36-65W total). It's fanless :) and estimated over 20Hrs.

Last edited:
Wish I had seen your post before you updated. Fortunately for you, you got it working. Mine along with many others has no AC output after attempting to update the AC firmware. Zendure seems not to want to take responsibility and is not responding to customers.
Also, I did the 15s hold the AC and LED buttons to reset the device while I was "throwing everything and the kitchen sink" in solutions I found on the Facebook group. After that didn't work, I just held the AC button in (don't recall how long and the beeps were turned off so no idea of how many times it would have beeped).

Also, I did the 15s hold the AC and LED buttons to reset the device while I was "throwing everything and the kitchen sink" in solutions I found on the Facebook group. After that didn't work, I just held the AC button in (don't recall how long and the beeps were turned off so no idea of how many times it would have beeped).

Yeah, I have done that reset thing a hundred times, still doesn't work. The thing is they have that update up for about two months, and they know that it has bricked many SBVs and they are not taking it down. Crazy.

Dude, I’ve joined the AC won’t turn on club :( just opened a support ticket.
Started with and error code of 331 and now it’s cycling through 002, 003, 021, 022, 223, 309, and 312. Per the Facebook group, looks like only solution is to send it back. Wondering if I can just get my money back, this system is not ready for sale.

Well, I have decided that this solution will not work for me (AC doesn’t work at all right now and I have no intent to use DC) so I have requested a refund. I believe customer service is a bit overwhelmed and replies are occurring about 24-48 hours. Still, I hope to get my money back and am looking at other options.
Others have working systems so I guess I was unlucky.

Odd. Have had one since March, never been down more than a couple hours once. Have had very quick, helpful response from customer service. It is loud, and the manual is sparse no doubt, but the rest has not been my experience remotely.

I'm totally fed up with their lack of response, they only reply at intervals to string you along. They should have pulled that update a long time ago, it's the obvious culprit for all their troubles.

Well this is the last straw. Zendure sent me a firmware update and instructions on how to update manually via USB. After following their instructions, the SBV no longer works in any fashion. No AC or DC input or output. I'm stuck with a useless hulk of a battery with no way to charge or discharge it. I would urge prospective buyers to stay clear of this company and it's products.

Update: I did get an email from a 5th person in customer service Monday AM about her contacting the logistics company to schedule a pickup. They are waiting for the confirmation and then will send me the documents for my reference. She is warning that the process might take some time and she will keep me updated.

Also, both AC and DC are not working at this point (both show a firmware of v0) so no way to discharge the battery.

Odd. Have had one since March, never been down more than a couple hours once. Have had very quick, helpful response from customer service. It is loud, and the manual is sparse no doubt, but the rest has not been my experience remotely.
Just out of curiosity, what version of Firmware are you running (and don't do the update unless you too want a brick).

Good friend of mine tried the Zendure for a couple months but it was riddled with software issues that they couldn't fix. He ended up getting a full refund and purchased another Delta Pro.

Update: pickup is scheduled for tomorrow between 12 and 6. Now I’m looking at other options.

Hope all goes well. Unfortunately, I don't live in the USA, I had use a freight forwarder to ship mine from the USA to me and they want me to return it to get a refund. Now they have a right to get back their SBV, but it would cost me too much to send it back. Considering the fact that it is directly their fault that my SBV is not functioning, they should be able to find a way of settling this amicably, but they simply don't care. When Bluetti came out with the AC200 version 1 I bought it, and while it had a few issues, it was still functionally usable. However, they still sent me the upgraded AC200P without question and the company is way bigger now. Zendure, I believe won't last too long if they continue to treat customers badly.

Update: pick up never happened. Zendure did not fill out a hazmat form with the shipper. No reply from them today, maybe tomorrow.

Back