diy solar

diy solar

Zendure SuperBase V 6.4

RLM4JC

I am currently maxed out on the Ecoflow home backup platform with their Delta pros at 21kw (3600 x 6) The new Zendure Superbase V can max out at at whopping 64KW and they have a smart home panel. I don't work for them, I just want more battery and solar and this appears to do the trick for me. Hobotech did an early release review. Support at Zendure said that I can seamlessly integrate the Zendure base+ satellite batteries and smart home panel with my existing ecoflow platform. I hope Will Prowse. does a review soon, although I think its on kickstarter and Will does not review kickstarter products from large corporations. I think you can get early pricing at $35,000 USD as opposed at final retail pricing at $58,000 The product is here: https://zendure.com/products/2-supe...-panel-with-ev-outlets?variant=40052483293258

I pulled the trigger on one, the LIPO 4.6 version. I doubt Will will touch this before it is released, if at all. I find it to be a very interesting offering, being split phase in one unit with a 3800W inverter. Zendure is not as well known as Bluetti and Ecoflow but they had a previous product which appears from reviews to have been solid. Hopefully this one will be too. I understand Will's position on kickstarter programs, however, for some of us, the early bird pricing on these Plug & Play solar power stations, is our only way of getting into the game without the added complications of DIY systems. Maybe the unique features of the Superbase V can temp him? Would really love his input on this especially since they don't charge your card for a month.?

I pulled the trigger on one, the LIPO 4.6 version. I doubt Will will touch this before it is released, if at all. I find it to be a very interesting offering, being split phase in one unit with a 3800W inverter. Zendure is not as well known as Bluetti and Ecoflow but they had a previous product which appears from reviews to have been solid. Hopefully this one will be too. I understand Will's position on kickstarter programs, however, for some of us, the early bird pricing on these Plug & Play solar power stations, is our only way of getting into the game without the added complications of DIY systems. Maybe the unique features of the Superbase V can temp him? Would really love his input on this especially since they don't charge your card for a month.?
Hello DJAY. Did you choose the LIPO option because of the chemistry and it's significantly higher charge cycles? Also on your potential purchase, what option did you choose? I am wavering between the LIPO and zendures semi solid state offering.I am leaning to, probably selecting the smarthome panel, 6.4kw 2 base and 2 satellite units in the early bird pricing of $15k. Not a fan of choosing 3000 over 6000 charge cycles with the solid state option. That alone causes me pause, however zendure says it's software mitigates this and they are looking at realizing a 10 year warranty for their semi sold state chemistry if that gets unlocked in their kickstarter campaign. .

Hello DJAY. Did you choose the LIPO option because of the chemistry and it's significantly higher charge cycles? Also on your potential purchase, what option did you choose? I am wavering between the LIPO and zendures semi solid state offering.I am leaning to, probably selecting the smarthome panel, 6.4kw 2 base and 2 satellite units in the early bird pricing of $15k. Not a fan of choosing 3000 over 6000 charge cycles with the solid state option. That alone causes me pause, however zendure says it's software mitigates this and they are looking at realizing a 10 year warranty for their semi sold state chemistry if that gets unlocked in their kickstarter campaign. .
Yes and no. I chose LIPO because it's proven technology, and the longer life cycle but also because of the lower price. I hear the 10 year warranty but from my location it would not be worth it to ship it back, so I prefer to stick with what I know works.

Last edited:
Yes and no. I chose LIPO because it's proven technology, and the longer life cycle but also because of the lower price. I hear the 10 year warranty but from my location it would not be worth it to ship it back, so I prefer to stick with what I know works.
I wound up getting the LIPO option as well. So now I want to get 3000 watts per base. I was thinking 1 string for each base of 3S3P and using a 360 watt panel with a VOC of 41.2v. So a total of 18 panels. Do you have any advice? I heard you can overpanel a little, just didnt want to exceed 150 volts, which surprisingly is the same as my ecoflow delta's, just my max wattage is only 1600 watts per pro.

Well we won't know all the technical details until the product specs are finalized, however you can generally always over panel as long as you don't exceed the maximum input voltage. I do get the impression that each expansion battery can also accept the same amount of solar as the superbase so you may have options.

I am currently maxed out on the Ecoflow home backup platform with their Delta pros at 21kw (3600 x 6) The new Zendure Superbase V can max out at at whopping 64KW and they have a smart home panel. I don't work for them, I just want more battery and solar and this appears to do the trick for me. Hobotech did an early release review. Support at Zendure said that I can seamlessly integrate the Zendure base+ satellite batteries and smart home panel with my existing ecoflow platform. I hope Will Prowse. does a review soon, although I think its on kickstarter and Will does not review kickstarter products from large corporations. I think you can get early pricing at $35,000 USD as opposed at final retail pricing at $58,000 The product is here: https://zendure.com/products/2-supe...-panel-with-ev-outlets?variant=40052483293258
Hi, also was looking at the Zendure system mainly because the Ecoflow is so limited in solar charging at 1600w, and because I'm looking for a system I can charge my EV. Did they say how it could integrate with the Ecoflow system?

I have decided to forget zendure, my new interest is the hysolis apollo platform for an all in one or a solark 15k with eg4 storage combo.

I have been trying to build a solar generator out of my old electric motorcycle (Vectrix) batteries that I upgraded to lithium. Then I saw an ad for the Zendure. This morning their campaign went over $5M, unlocking a 5 year warranty on the products.

I purchased two Lithium Iron base stations (for under $5000+shipping) and a Home Panel. That should give me about 10kWhs to use overnight and enough power to run the oven for a time. If I need more power down the road I can add satellite batts just by plugging them in. The Home Panel allows me to run 10 circuits off the batteries and AC charge the batts off my solar during the day.

I watched Will's video this week of how to build a cheap solar generator with just two components, and was thinking seriously that it might be a better idea, but my wife asked me, "Is it plug and play", and I think the Zendure is going to be the best bet for someone that wants some of the functionality of a PowerWall, but also a Bluetti

Why did you go for the Apollo, @RLM4JC ?

Apollo has incredible expansion. Watch minutemanpreps youtube video about that, blows away Zendure. I am now leaning with going with 1 solark, 15k, solar smart14 panel, 12 eg4 batteries and 12k of solar, at least this is my dream. Zendure and Apollo are just easy for a diyer to set up.

I just paid for the Zendure after Kickstarter campaign came to an end, looking forward to figuring out how to hook up the Home Panel. Reading the install manual on their site it appears that you feed it with two 50 amp 240 circuits and it will feed ten 20/30 amp circuits including intelligent load shedding. The power can be sent to the SBV to charge the batteries and power the ten circuits. If the power goes out or if your TOU rates go high you can draw from the batteries to feed the same circuits, up to 7800 watts.

Seems like it's gonna free up some breakers in my panel. They also said that one of the 50a 240v circuits is just there to feed the EV outlets on the front of the Home Panel, so lots to learn

I just paid for the Zendure after Kickstarter campaign came to an end, looking forward to figuring out how to hook up the Home Panel. Reading the install manual on their site it appears that you feed it with two 50 amp 240 circuits and it will feed ten 20/30 amp circuits including intelligent load shedding. The power can be sent to the SBV to charge the batteries and power the ten circuits. If the power goes out or if your TOU rates go high you can draw from the batteries to feed the same circuits, up to 7800 watts.

Seems like it's gonna free up some breakers in my panel. They also said that one of the 50a 240v circuits is just there to feed the EV outlets on the front of the Home Panel, so lots to learn

Sounds good. For all the stuff I have put in my main panel to free up for solar, sense, subpanels, I have a ton of tandem breakers to make room for dual poles. Really came in handy. Good luck with the Zendure platform. Please take pics when you are done.

Zendure to arrive tomorrow. Their customer service pre delivery is really good. Pre-production delivery can be tricky. See the shocking results of the Apollo for an example of. Went 9.2kw. 5500.00. Yes can be done cheaper if you prefer true diy, but show me a diy where my 4 year old can ride the battery like a go cart. Couple weeks from diy completion. Started in October. And nice sun today.

Yip, mine are at the warehouse today, they said I should arrange to come pick them up, save a few $100 on delivery, very excited, not so excited about trying to get them back OUT of my car alone at home, but this is what happens when you buy a 130lb battery. Home Panels are still a while out, they haven't given me an ETA so I'll play with the batts while I wait.

Power went out at the cabin twice this week with the snow. We were not there, but if we were it wouldn't been nice to have one of these batts to power the furnace and fridge.
Attachment-1.jpeg

Arrived. Charging and ready to go day 1 as night heater. Don't like the xt60 connection, but besides that it's charging from roof, looks great and is rideable by a 4 year old. Take that Elon. Surprisingly the Zendure does not come with a pv input cable. Car charger and ac yes. Pv no. You'll need to buy an xt90 to mc4 if charging solar. Fortunately my bluetti came with a couple I never use.

Ok. Just finished putting together a series parallel into the Zendure, 2.330 kw and it worked. Yay. My first semi complicated operation. Ya ya Ya, I know. All relative. Now I need a sunny day. Comparing the Bluetti AC 500 to the Zendure, I'd say the Zendure has an edge as to everything except owners manual, and parts included. They should really include a pv input cable. C'mon. Both seem pretty solid for pre production purchases.

Last edited:
I spent the first week going back and forth with tech support. Lots of stuff isn't too clear outta the box. I've been updating the firmware and charging and discharging a few times and then moving it downstairs so we don't have to listen to the fan which seems to never entirely turn off. It's quite heavy but has great handles for picking up. Not too bad for this 60 yo.

I had issues figuring out why the front lights are not always on or what turns the off. Seems to change depending on a setting Quiet Charge that I didn't take into account when troubleshooting.

Despite them being 16 hours ahead of me they were very responsive sending daily missives in response to my packa questions.

They tell me
  • Home Panel won't ship until maybe July
  • Spare parts are not available
  • The display shows where you are, but may not be the name of the town you are in
  • The display shows the local temp, but it's in C* and cannot be changed to F*
  • Connecting via Bluetooth will improve in upcoming firmware updates
  • The AmpUp feature is not in the manual as it can cause failures on sensitive devices
  • The two bottom 120v US sockets support 0ms UPS switching even though not in the manual
  • The API is expected in the next month

Well done. Great update. My only issues are owners man. is shall we say sparse. They wasted few trees. No pv input cable and ya it is noisy. Love the product. Great value. If 2 60 yo's can figure it out well....................

Just had first problem with device. Called Tech service. Fixed problem in 2 minutes. Wasn't complicated just needed to reset the device. They are a bit difficult to understand, but fast, responsive, quality customer service always at the ready. Zendure appears a star in the making.

Last edited:
I just got my zendure superbase V as well.

Excited about the API coming out, as there are some things I can’t do through the app:
- turn on/off the AC input (120v)
- schedule (time/day) a charge (120v) / discharge to the electrical panel (via transfer switch).

Still waiting on my ZenY cable. Hoping to hook it up directly to a transfer switch after that.

Back