diy solar

diy solar

Zendure SuperBase V 6.4

Zendure support is really good. Amazing for the solar/battery industry from what I've read here and other places, and heard. Just light years better.

New product so regular firmware upgrades is a pain and can cause short term issues, but 3 times in 2 months these challenges have occurred, and every time support is fast and effective at solving issue. 50 cents a watt which includes inversion, charge control, app.....ect., everything but the panels and wiring. Sure it's not diy like most here are about, but this is a great product and company backs it well. Great looking too. And self moving.

And no, I have no affiliation or incentive to pump Zendure. They are Chinese. I dislike buying China. Avoid as much as I can. They kind of are our enemy. Maybe not kind of. I wish there was a US company that made batteries so well and inexpensively.

Oddly this site came up when I did a search for Zendure Support, going into the app sadly only has support for their older products. The leaflet that came with the batteries has support@zendure.com right on the cover, let's see how their support works for a locked up unit that froze during a firmware update they released on Friday (bad timing too)

Firmware ug's are a challenge, but I've found if I pull everything off input/output it works. I had the same ug's Friday, and they all worked. GL. I've found their support very good.

I guess it's getting on to bedtime in China, so hopefully they'll be at work later today and see my email, I haven't been able to get my one unit to update after multiple resets and attempts to update, all fail to complete

If low on power, won't work. If anything plugged in, either pv in or ac out, won't work. Check for error messages. That's all I have, but Zendure phone support, m-f has helped me every time I've had any problem. I will say, Zendure has many firmware ug's. Friday was the first time I pulled everything and it worked smoothly and I made sure the page was live on the phone thru each ug. GL bro.

Well, I reset it hours after that locked up attempt to install the AC Firmware by holding the Power and LED buttons for 3 seconds. I then tried to installed the Master firmware which also locked up at 90%. I let it run overnight, but it still showed 90% this AM. I reset it again and now it shows v1.0.45 on the Master and no longer offers that as an update. Still shows the AC and DC updates need to be done but I get to 93% on each and it fails, thankfully it doesn't freeze at 90% anymore and allows you to quit the update. I tried both of the newly offered connections (BT or WiFi) and got the same results.

I am getting error codes 003 and 217, I don't think there is anything more for me to try. So just waiting for Zendure to open on their Monday Morning in several more hours,

Maybe one last thing to try. Try holding power and ac buttons for 20 sec. That's what they told me to do when I had a similar, stops at 90% forever, or just wait for them. They may be in cali though. Palo alto.

Does this unit provide true 240V/120V split-phase power? It appears to have a 6-20 outlet without the neutral.

Also, how do you move and lift this thing by yourself?

Does this unit provide true 240V/120V split-phase power? It appears to have a 6-20 outlet without the neutral.

Also, how do you move and lift this thing by yourself?
I've never considered using it for 240 so can't say. Lifting out of box is heavy, but doable. I'm 63. The base unit is on wheels and is motorized.

It requires lifting to get up stairs or into your car, but the handles are great grips, I don't have an issue lifting it above my knees but I can see it would be hard to put it on a table as I am also in my 60s. The wheels are great for moving it and lock to prevent it rolling around in your car. Very thankful it's not a couple of inches taller or wider as it wouldn't go into the Model 3 if it were, which was one of the excuses I came up with to justify the purchase of the two SBVs

It requires lifting to get up stairs or into your car, but the handles are great grips, I don't have an issue lifting it above my knees but I can see it would be hard to put it on a table as I am also in my 60s. The wheels are great for moving it and lock to prevent it rolling around in your car. Very thankful it's not a couple of inches taller or wider as it wouldn't go into the Model 3 if it were, which was one of the excuses I came up with to justify the purchase of the two SBVs
Just bought my wife a model 3. Took near as long to show up as the Zendure. Will pick it up Tuesday. Everyone who has one seems to really like them.

Any updates on your experience with the SBV guys? I went on Facebook group and the Zendure Community in the app and lots of comments about firmware upgrade issues. Looking to connect to a transfer switch for emergency backup so want a solid choice with as much battery as I can get for the money and 3kw. Also considering Eg4 setup for less, but also less portability and higher minimum solar voltage.

Running like a clock. As to firmware upgrades, yes they happen, but as long as I disconnect all input/output they go thru easily. Very happy with purchase. Also have a Bluetti ac 500. It too has worked well, but is less advanced as to app, mobility, and battery size. I'd rec either, but Zendure gets the nod.

Running like a clock. As to firmware upgrades, yes they happen, but as long as I disconnect all input/output they go thru easily. Very happy with purchase. Also have a Bluetti ac 500. It too has worked well, but is less advanced as to app, mobility, and battery size. I'd rec either, but Zendure gets the nod.
Thanks. Mine is on order from Amazon. They had a $700 coupon and a deal to get a 1000M if I bought both, and the M had $100 off. Just need to finish installing the transfer switch.

FedEx Freight just called. Will be delivered Thursday 8/17

Last edited:
I had a longer wait with a pre production purchase. Got to love sub 1 week delivery. Good luck. Should have no problems. More stable firmware than 6 month ago I assure you.

I had a longer wait with a pre production purchase. Got to love sub 1 week delivery. Good luck. Should have no problems. More stable firmware than 6 month ago I assure you.
Yeah, didn’t get it yet. Next week more likely.

So pallet is missorted and took a detour (it was in my neighborhood of Memphis) to Orlando, and now headed to Alabama. They think their might be something wrong with the label as to why it keeps getting missorted. On the bright side, I just have the final steps of wiring in the transfer switch (need to find a day when I can turn off the power for 30-40 minutes but the heat and humidity are crazy right now.

Attachments

• Freight.jpg
    Freight.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 0
I've had good luck with my Zendure Superbase 4600w so far (3 weeks). All the problems I initially encountered such as it turning off in the middle of the night by itself and not accepting grid input were easily resolved with the iPhone app. It is a lifesaver. I also needed to have a home WiFi extender to the garage where the generator is located. It took a month to get a generator permit from the County to connect it to my sub panel with the Home Panel transfer switch. Alas, the Smart Home Panel is out of stock till the end of the year.

I took the advice of an earlier thread and decided not to upgrade the firmware when it arrived. Plus I have no idea how to and nowhere is there a clear description on the specifics actions needed. Maybe that works in my favor as it appears to work fine without an upgrade.

Back