diy solar

diy solar

Zoomspower LiFePO4 dirt cheap from Walmart.com... what's the Catch?

YAMLcase

I Saw Will's teardown of the Zooms 12v 100Ah LiFePO4, so I already know this is a Chins/Ampere-Time clone... good build quality, no low temperature sensor. 1 month ago these were $329 from Walmart.com, and now they're $309... pretty much the least expensive 100Ah I can find anywhere and can get it pretty quick.

What's the deal with these? Has anyone else put these into service, and are they consistently good?

I tore apart a Zooms 12V 100Ah recently (not sponsored) and it had GFB cells with great build quality. GFB are the same cells that SOK uses. I was told later that the cells used might have been a variant with a significantly lower cycle count rating. I haven't been able to completely validate that claim however... but if true, might be the reason why they're so cheap. If anyone has information that may support this, please share! I've seen the comment mentioned in a few places now, always without any proof.

Edit: I don't see the listing you're referring to. The cheapest Zooms 12V 100Ah I see is $425.
Edit2: Derp, this post is 2 months old..........

I just opened up a Zooms 50Ah this am, and didn’t do a full teardown, but it looks really nice inside. I wish the case they built these smaller batteries in was more compact though. It’s way bigger, especially taller than the contents.

Attachments

• 27CACFEA-40DF-40C8-BF56-9162DCF1C210.jpeg
    27CACFEA-40DF-40C8-BF56-9162DCF1C210.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 13
I've been using two o the the Zoomspower 100Ah 12.8v since January on a PIP 2024 LV. I wrote to Zooms support a few times and they were very helpful so I recommended them to some of my business clients who were going to deploy a few systems. The client sent me a 50Ah for staging their builds. Since I wanted to check the full battery state, I ended up buying a Junctek 400A shunt which I'm also liking much, and I do get about a 101Ah out of my battery as others are seeing, but limit it to low state of about 15% remaining. I cycle these batteries daily, doing all the laundry then running my HVAC blower or PC's off of them so they're nice and ready for the morning recharge. I figure if I spent the money on them, then I want the fastest ROI on them.

I think because the Zooms name being rebranded for weird reason to Redodo may be trying to liquidate what's out there on the market. Now the new site is www.redodopower.com.

If you have any questions or want photos let me know and I'll help you all out.

Back