diy solar

diy solar

100 Watt Semi-Flexible Solar Panels

TheGriz

More Power Scottie!!!
Anyone have any experience with these panels? If favorable, I plan to put three of these on the top of my pickup bed cap with suction cups to use with my Xuba 280AH LFP system. Price seems reasonable and shipping time is not stupid long. Of course this will be a portable system attached to cap top ONLY when stationary...LOL!!!

All feedback appreciated.

I have 15 of them in the UK, mine are roof mounted on a wooden frame and i easily achieve 1200-1300 watts here in our so called summer.
s-l1600.jpg

I have been looking at getting some myself wish there was more longer term use of some of these to show they last for sometime. I really want to mount them on some fabric or something for camping foldable solar setup.

I ordered three of these today...$79/100w panel with shipping. Shipped from USA.

I didnt see the shipped from US option?
As already mentioned give us some insight on them when you get them. I'm curious as delivery time and how they perform. I myself may go ahead and order some.

I didnt see the shipped from US option?
As already mentioned give us some insight on them when you get them. I'm curious as delivery time and how they perform. I myself may go ahead and order some.

Yep...I sure will let the group know. I am very curious myself. Check again...US is there. Here is a screen shot. BTW...this order, post #4, is from a different source than my post #1, of this thread. But the panels sure look identical. This source was slightly less price and a little quicker shipping.
sp.JPG

Last edited:
Yep...I sure will let the group know. I am very curious myself. Check again...US is there. Here is a screen shot. BTW...this order, post #4, is from a different source than my post #1, of this thread. But the panels sure look identical. This source was slightly less price and a little quicker shipping.
View attachment 16584
Wow look at that I will try again I was going to that latest link. Wounder if I should try my app instead and search for these panels.

So I've received mine today not sure when I'll get to do any testing but I'm pleased with just cosmetics right now of them. Probably mount them to coroplast and have it fold to the size on one. Need to consider on how I need to wire them as well. Series prob be the way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_131738.jpg
    IMG_20200723_131738.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200723_131635__01.jpg
    IMG_20200723_131635__01.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200723_131644__01.jpg
    IMG_20200723_131644__01.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
Nice! How long have you had them?

The panels in the OP are Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) and I know nothing about them. Know very little on flexible panels in general... just started looking at ETFE panels with their 25 year warranty in Flexible Panels hit Prime Time?
I actually just got them today I have not gotten to test them but for what I need them for they will work just fine.

Well the AliExpress vendor I ordered my three panels from, JY SOLAR PANEL CO has now officially defrauded me out of $152.81 out of $252.81. They never shipped in 7 days as advertised giving excuse after excuse. They still didn't ship after 3 weeks. They even provided false tracking numbers. I finally filed dispute with AE that I want $100 refund for unethical business practices and the 3 panels. AE found dipute fully in my favor. So I am getting $100 back from AE, but vender STILL refuses to ship panels unless I "backdoor" pay them the $100 via PayPal or give them my credit card number!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?

And to get the rest of the money back they also want my PayPal/CC info, again to circumvent the AE route so the vendor's lack of living up to the dispute settlement does not get flushed out. With the dozen+ lies they are the most unethical/corrupt vendor I have ever crossed paths with. Or they are simply insane!!! I would NEVER give that info.

The dispute is closed on the AE end so I can't even fight further thru AE. I try to chat with AE customer rep on chat line, and all I get is programmed answer my refund of $100 is being processes...UFB!!! I was pulling my hair out.

My only recourse at this point is through my credit card company.

STRONGLY ADVISE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JY SOLAR PANEL CO!!! BLACKBALLED IN MY BOOK!!!

Last edited:
So I've received mine today not sure when I'll get to do any testing but I'm pleased with just cosmetics right now of them. Probably mount them to coroplast and have it fold to the size on one. Need to consider on how I need to wire them as well. Series prob be the way to go.
Congrats! Let us know how you like them please. These are different than the ones I got defrauded on. What vendor did you use?

STRONGLY ADVISE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JY SOLAR PANEL CO!!! BLACKBALLED IN MY BOOK!!!

Bummer
But learning from your experience at this forum has high value and one reason we keep coming back to read more of these stories.

I looked a the sellers feedback, and I would not have expected such behavior and would have been just as trusting.

Part of what I am hearing is do not make a partial deal on through Aliexpress because you can not go back for more.

... do not make a partial deal on through Aliexpress because you can not go back for more.
EXACTLY! My biggest lesson learned from my horror story is exactly as you stated. Another lesson learned is that the AE vendors know 'how to work the system'. In other words, vendor fully accepted my dispute knowing my $100 would be refunded from AE, but then there was no way for me to force him to ship the panels because the dispute is closed at that point and no further discussion with AE is possible. The message traffic between vendor and me and the line of multiple lies and manipulative statements are truly unbelievable and disgusting. Add to that, there day is our night. So I was up until 2am multiple nights trying to work things out with this vendor.

Please all, keep this bad experience in context. I have made dozens of transactions on AliExpress and Alibaba. I have only had two very bad experiences, this is one of the two.

Last edited:
Congrats! Let us know how you like them please. These are different than the ones I got defrauded on. What vendor did you use?
Dang that sucks I wounder if while I used your link and and looked around some I ended up ordering something different. But I used this same supplier and have had no issues. Let me go back to my order and pull link of the ones I received. US $108.80 36%OFF | ETFE Flexible Solar Panel 300w 3pcs of 100W panel solar Monocrystalline solar cell 12V battery charger for boat/car 200w 400w https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7vfRCp

I am very happy you didn't have similar problems!!! I got excuses of out of stock in USA warehouse...twice. Invalid tracking number just to attempt to show they were shipped after 9th day of order after I questioned ordering...suppose to ship NLT 7 days, held up in customs twice, we are a small company (who cares), and the list of excuses goes on. I asked " stuck in customs? You said you shipped them already". I get "sorry" with no valid explanation. The excuses kept crossing and vendor couldn't even keep his lies straight. But when he accepted the dispute settlement, and refused to ship the panels, and tried to make me backdoor the money to him and give him my paypal or CC, I just couldn't believe what I was reading. To further exacerbate the situation as I stated before will not refund my money without PP or CC...UFB!!!

That is bull!! Maybe try finding some other contact information fro that company and contact them see if he is legit?

Hello. How are those panels working for you?
I know you didn't ask my directly, but I had 15 of these on my garage roof south facing UK for 8 odd months, they worked well but I never got even close to the rated power per panel, 1500 watts of PV and the most I ever saw was 900watts peak during ideal conditions.

That is awful! I appreciate your response. Do you still use them?
I sold the whole lot and moved to all black panels on the main house roof. Dont get me wrong, they were cheap enough and would never be the same as a real glass panel and they did work fairly well, as the old saying goes, its horses for courses.

Thank you. I am wanting a less stationary option than glass. May just be a trade off.

diy solar

diy solar
Back