diy solar

diy solar

100Ah 12v Sodium Battery (Specifications Sheet Supplied)

I see they're selling 48v 100Ah server rack batteries now! Starting to sound exciting!
I see them listed on the website. Has anyone obtained a price quote?

Attachments

• MPP1012 pg 36 USER’S MANUAL.pdf
    152.2 KB · Views: 4
  • MPP 1012 PIP-MS LV 1KVA 1-5KVA manual-20200318.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The 2 12v AIOs i own will not go below 10.0 or over 15.0. I know that's anecdotal..
Which model do you have?

I charged up to 14.2 and ran for an hour - all good.
Next up will try 15v per the manual it should be okay below the cut-off voltage, testing to check!
On the low end, it clearly shows at least 11.2v perhaps lower depending on loads and such. There are some adjustments in the inverter possible as well, I think I can push it to 10v if I want to, but let's see what the SOC shows at those low values, maybe there is very little capacity left at those voltages and not worth worrying about lost capacity below 11.2v

So a few more tests on the Sodium cells:
12v unit: I am running this Sodium battery attached to a MPP1012 inverter - my "super mobile" unit. The inverter will use the battery even if the Sodium cell voltage is 15v without any issue, however the MPP1012 seems to cap out at 14.5 for charging a battery via PV. @12VoltInstalls - do you see in the settings of your MPP1012 a way to change the max charging voltage higher than 14.5v?
For my testing, I charged the Sodium battery to the max of the MPP1012 capacity, then took the battery off the inverter and connected a bench top source set at 15v to get the battery voltage up higher. Then reconnected the battery to the inverter and ran some tools and heat gun and smallish stuff - this inverter is limited to about 8A x 120v output.
On the low end, the MPP1012 settings allow 10v battery cut off, I don't see where I can go lower, although the manual shows that running a high amperage load, it will allow lower voltage before cut off. - I have yet to test this end of the voltage spectrum.

Back