diy solar

diy solar

12V 100AH MINI or Group 24 with Low Temp protection? Bluetooth would be nice to have.

eXodus

Solar Addict
Looking for my RV - I can only fit a Group 24 Size. The newer Minis would fit as well.
I need a battery which can still discharge when cold - but stops charging when getting frozen.

It is really just running lights and the furnace. No need to get fancy ;) I got a 10kWh of batteries on 24V for the main solar system, which recharges 12V as needed.

So far I found those two:

The first one has some mentions here - the other is probably a clone from the first.

Looking for my RV - I can only fit a Group 24 Size. The newer Minis would fit as well.
I need a battery which can still discharge when cold - but stops charging when getting frozen.

It is really just running lights and the furnace. No need to get fancy ;) I got a 10kWh of batteries on 24V for the main solar system, which recharges 12V as needed.

So far I found those two:

The first one has some mentions here - the other is probably a clone from the first.
I just watched a video on the tube where a LiTime Mini is tested and opened. Interesting thing was seeing how it performed when it had been frozen and it has pouch cells and only over temp protection.

Redodo is also offering a 100ah GP 24. These may become the new "normal" size for 100ah LFP.
For those, with the space the old standard should be getting cheap.

Redodo is also offering a 100ah GP 24. These may become the new "normal" size for 100ah LFP.
For those, with the space the old standard should be getting cheap.
few with the old standard size have low temp protection - or bluetooth.

I like the Bluetooth connectivity of the first two.
Ended up ordering the Elefast - should be here this week.

After doing some research and finding this review / teardown.

few with the old standard size have low temp protection - or bluetooth.

Ended up ordering the Elefast - should be here this week.

After doing some research and finding this review / teardown.
How is it?

How is it?
So far uneventful, it just works. Still doing some testing with the Elefast, started documenting in another thread.

It charges and discharges, the Bluetooth has some insane range - 200ft. - I don't have freezing temperatures here.

I just have it discharged and trying to see what the maximum charge rate from the alternator is - everything above 60% - it only chargers with 50A. Which is would be amazing - basically a integrated Alternator protection.

Last edited:
Back