diy solar

diy solar

18kvp & 6000xp Date and Time settings

Jr914

I have a 18kvp and a 6000xp but cannot set the correct date and time. The date and time keep reverting back to 12hrs ahead and the date is advance by one day. I am using the EG4 app (io) and the PC EG4 monitoring to do the setting of date and time. Also tried directly on the 18kvp getting the same results. Are the time and date set by the donges? When initially installing my dongles I used GMT-0 it should be GMT-7 for Arizona. Can anyone give me some information on this are resetting the time on the dongles?
Thanks John

Have same problem in 18Kpv except I started with correct GMT and getting 1 hour discrepancy. Reset time and it always reverts back again. Not sure why the malfunction is occuring. In the mean time I compensate for timed events like Peak Shaving to make up for the error.

I had one of the EG4 guys fix mine last Nov. And now its back to 1 hour off.
I dont care anymore because I use solar assistant which has the correct time.

Make sure you change the time in 3 different places.

1- Under the maintenance tab
2- Under the Configuration tab > Users
3- Under the Configuration tab > Stations

Additionally, if you are in an area that observes daylight saving time, be sure to enable it.

If you have trouble with this, feel free to dm me your serial number and I can adjust the time for you.

Additionally, if you are in an area that observes daylight saving time, be sure to enable it.

If you have trouble with this, feel free to dm me your serial number and I can adjust the time for you.
Okay Eric I will try this and hope for the best.
Thanks

Okay Eric two days and it seems to be holding the correct time and date thanks.

I had one of the EG4 guys fix mine last Nov. And now its back to 1 hour off.
I dont care anymore because I use solar assistant which has the correct time.
Yep I am also using Solar assistant from my old setup 6500 & 6000. Before the upgrades. I like the way Solar Assisstant connects to the EG4 18 and 6k quick and easy. 😀.

diy solar

diy solar
Back