diy solar

diy solar

2 LiFePo batteries in parallel

MrNatural22

?SW sunshine =⚡️⚡️lit up thru the darkness✌️
This may have been addressed before but can’t find it.
When connecting 2 LiFePo 12v-100ah batteries in parallel producing 12v-200ah capacity, what is the most efficient way to connect the cables out to inverter? Pos from one and neg from the other, Or will it make no difference if it’s connected to only one of the batteries terminals?
Pardon my scribble drawing?
Attn I added some more details.
4EC69860-A83A-4250-8147-DBD6B71224B2.jpeg

Last edited:
The best option for your single breaker is how you have it drawn. Parallel the batteries with the same length wires between them, then the wires to the rest of the system come off - on one battery and + on the other. If you have both wires off a single battery that battery will take a greater percentage of the load. You can confirm this with a DC clamp meter to check where the amps are flowing.

Thanks bro. ? I am making same length 2/0g cables With copper lugs between the batteries, small 700w microwave Drawing 1200w would be my biggest draw and from reading 200ah should be right. I will be using the micro on a lower power than high so not to strain the 12v 1500w inverter I have. I would Prefer a 24v setup With a buck out to accessories but l already have a new 12v 1500w gowise pure sine inverter already. If it ever fails I’ll be connecting the batteries in series and going up to a quality 24v inverter. just want some wise input on +/- connections out.
This is in a 12’ cargo trailer RV conversion.
cheers✌

diy solar

diy solar
Back