diy solar

diy solar

Beginner, need assistance

Does anyone have any advice on more fuses to place, etc.
You can wire your panels using the "leap frog" technique so that each of your strings has the + and - wires on the same end of the array. Look at the pic on the right in this post.

My $.02 worth.
Anything that can be ran on propane instead of electricity to make heat can ease your loads on your PV system. This can save you substantially on your system cost. I personally use and love the tankless water heaters. They really save on propane as well. As to heating AND air conditioning, a very efficient, (efficiency is important) Mini Split w/ heat can save as well

I’ll be working on that today. Weeks ago I wrote a list of what the AC/heat/microwave/fridge pull. I have an idea about what stuff pulls, I just don’t have that much money to spend $6000 or something to be able to be on solar only, that may be in a few more months or next year.
Yeah, I know, good solar is expensive. One place where you can save real money though is with locally bought solar panels. Here's what I found with a quick search for your local state.
1711723085679.png
Shipping is built into the cost, so if you can do cash and carry panel purchases, you can save a lot of money and build the system you want, not the one you can just get by with. Looking at the specs of these panels though, you might have to make a few design changes.
1711723215345.png

With a Vmp of 42V, these panels could be better paired to four of your 100W panels wired in series. Two of these 550W panels as one series string making ~82V, and four 100W panels in series making ~80V. So, 270$ cash would get you 1100W of solar, whereas with your 100W panels that money would get you what, maybe three panels?

Back