diy solar

diy solar

2 Stacked Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-48p randomly stops charging

billh1986

I have 2 SPF 3000 48V in parallel off-grid. They have been in service for about 4 months. I have them connected to a 280a 48v battery. Everything works perfectly, on a normal day, battery will charge to 100% around noon and any loads are covered by solar until dark and then runs off battery. Overnight the battery will drain to about 70% and the following morning the process will start again. However, about 4 times in the course of 4 months, in the morning, the Growatts never start charging. No error and the only solution I have is to completely power down and back up and they immediately start charging normally. I don't consider this a major issue except when I'm not there to restart the system. The battery will eventually run out and everything will shut down. I don't think the fault is battery related because it never gets down below 60% overnight. Also, I don't believe the issue is settings since 99% of the time the system works perfectly.

Is anyone having a similar issue?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply
This has been discussed a number of times. Defective or in need of firmware update. Recommend you contact your vendor.
I did search the forum and found several threads with similar issues but not the same. Firmware update is a good idea, I'll give that a try.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply

I did search the forum and found several threads with similar issues but not the same. Firmware update is a good idea, I'll give that a try.
Thanks for the reply.
Hi there, I'm having similar problems with two of the same inverters in a split phase. Have you end up upgrading firmware? Did that fixed the issue? Please share. Thanks!

Back