diy solar

diy solar

2 x 4S parallel with short posts?

nicoloks

Hi All,

I've built myself 2 x 4S batteries using CATL 302Ah cells using a JK-B2A8S20P BMS each. Could have built a single 4S2P, however as this is going in my caravan I like having the redundancy.
I have built the batteries as a mirror config of the other so the end + posts at one end and - posts at the other are right opposite each other so I can connect with a regular copper connector that came with the cells. Hope was this would make it easier for putting the batteries in a parallel configuration.

problem I have is the post on the cells are not very tall and on the + side I'm unable to fit the BMS / Balancer cables, shunt cable, copper connector and main DC circuit connector. To get around this I was planning on using a copper bar to go between the two + posts of the batteries and then drill holes along the copper bar to attach everything. Is this approach ok, if not how should I be approaching this?

The best way is to run the batteries to a “battery bus bar”. That bus bar becomes your main positive and main negative points. Use the same wires on both batteries- equal size, length, lugs, etc.

Back