diy solar

diy solar

200AH LiFePo4 Battery that is narrow (7.5" or less)

RudyGreene

I'm trying to source a leisure battery for a minivan install that is narrower than normal. Most pre-built LifePo4 batteries seem to use similar battery boxes that are 8-9" wide which will not fit in my intended battery location. The available compartment in my Ford Transit Connect is 21" x 7.5" x 11" (length x width x height). Finding a 100AH battery to fit this space is easy, but I'd prefer to install a 200AH battery to maximum my capacity. Does anyone know of 200AH batteries that are narrower than 8 inches?

Are you willing to make a battery out of cells, or do you want a pre-built battery?

I don't want to build a battery. I want to buy a battery. I posted in this "plug and play" forum because I'm searching for a pre-built battery.
Most "plug and play" batteries share similar sizes with automotive batteries, because most people put them in spaces designed for automotive batteries.

You may get lucky and find a battery that meets your size specifications, but if you want a custom fitted battery, you're going to have to custom fit it.

Most "plug and play" batteries share similar sizes with automotive batteries, because most people put them in spaces designed for automotive batteries.

You may get lucky and find a battery that meets your size specifications, but if you want a custom fitted battery, you're going to have to custom fit it.
No, a 200AH battery is much larger than a car battery. And I've already found lots of different sizes besides the typical ones. I'm not interested in making a custom fitted battery.

No, a 200AH battery is much larger than a car battery. And I've already found lots of different sizes besides the typical ones. I'm not interested in making a custom fitted battery.
Good luck with your search.

I can only recommend looking at a group battery for the correct dimensions at a site like this:

And searching to see if that is available. Other than the group sizes, anything outside those dimensions will be hard to come by.

A 200 ah lithium battery may be roughly the equivalent to the size of a 100 ah lead acid battery.

Good luck with your search.
Thank you! After several hours of searching and comparing, I found one just now. The Lossigy 200Ah measures 19"x6.7"x9.5" inches which makes it a near perfect fit for my use. Will has reviewed this battery on YouTube and didn't note any issues, but it doesn't have low-temp protection so hopefully I can locate one with that feature in the same size battery box. Still searching.

Thank you! After several hours of searching and comparing, I found one just now. The Lossigy 200Ah measures 19"x6.7"x9.5" inches which makes it a near perfect fit for my use. Will has reviewed this battery on YouTube and didn't note any issues, but it doesn't have low-temp protection so hopefully I can locate one with that feature in the same size battery box. Still searching.
If you can shut down the SCC, that would work.

My primary battery protection is a temp sensor in the battery shuts off the SCC if temps drop too low.

I also have a temp sensor for the BMS set to slightly cooler in case the SCC is still on.

100 ah battleborn GC2 is 10.31 × 7.28 × 11.02 in so you might just be able to squeeze two in that space ?

100 ah battleborn GC2 is 10.31 × 7.28 × 11.02 in so you might just be able to squeeze two in that space ?

Thanks for the suggestion! Those might fit, but I just remeasured the compartment and it's exactly 11" high so it would have to be squeezed in there tightly. And I'm not sure if it's safe to have the weight from the floor pushing directly onto the battery box.

I know BB is top quality, but my bank account would hate that price compared to the alternatives!

Not sure if they are available in the US (don't think so) but there are slim batteries, it's only a matter of finding which OEM provides those...

I'm trying to source a leisure battery for a minivan install that is narrower than normal. Most pre-built LifePo4 batteries seem to use similar battery boxes that are 8-9" wide which will not fit in my intended battery location. The available compartment in my Ford Transit Connect is 21" x 7.5" x 11" (length x width x height). Finding a 100AH battery to fit this space is easy, but I'd prefer to install a 200AH battery to maximum my capacity. Does anyone know of 200AH batteries that are narrower than 8 inches?

Normally I would say to build some SFK kits, but they are out of stock, however, they have some prebuilt ones that just might fit, I think the 260 refurb will fit: https://www.sunfunkits.com/product/12/sfk-260hp-128v-260a s $860.00 shipped with a coupon, and has low temp protection with bluetooth app.

Check the coupons page, its silly how they have it, there is always a 5% off coupon, would be better if they just had it set at that price to begin with.

Yes very reliable have 3 kits from them them and close to 90 cells from SFK, top notch. Some of the smallest batteries for the capacity.

"When I first clicked your link, it was $860, 15 minutes later it went up to $925!"

I run into this alot on many sites, likely an algorithm that notes your IP and if you go back institutes a higher pricing, in fact I am sure of it as I have noted it myself on several sites. Good test might be to visit on a VPN and then revisit using a different IP source.

Back