diy solar

diy solar

Recommend class t for 200ah lifepo4?

It's not the seller. If you buy Siba fuses and fuse holders, it's a reputable item.

Personally, I'd not trust that the item was genuine from a random reseller on eBay. Too many fakes around & some can look so genuine. IMHO not worth the £££ saving for safety equipment, but YMMV.

I don't use Class-T's after I broke a couple (not hard to do). My system at the moment can dump 1200 Amps but in a short condition that can be 5x that... That is a serious ZOT and also why my powerhouse floor is 3cm thick rubber LOL... This ass does not get grounded hehehe... 1 lesson learned LONG ago and never repeated.

MRBF, Mega & Class-T's fuses will all catch it but at different points. The only fuses I use are for the battery packs directly, everything else is Polarized DC Breakers (except the master 250A breaker).

Photo of my MRBF's attached to Pike Industries Busbars with full proper covers. Also all batt terminals have covers as does everything else that is exposed and a possible contact source.

View attachment 179563The upper busbars is offset by 3/4"/19mm to allow the MRBF brackets to clear while allowing the cables to be "together" to reduce EMI.

I'm in a final reconfig mode now. All my battery packs are being reinstalled into new Steel cases which have their own DC Breakers but the existing MRBF's will remain as I am one to "play safe".
Clever space saving setup. Thanks

Personally, I'd not trust that the item was genuine from a random reseller on eBay. Too many fakes around & some can look so genuine. IMHO not worth the £££ saving for safety equipment, but YMMV.
Really? Are you familiar with NH00 fuses?
At RS components, 160A fuses are £8 each. You can always buy them. Either way. A huge saving on class T

Last edited:
That's the problem... I'm not familiar enough to spot a fake. I nearly bought golf club off eBay once which was fake, but so difficult to be sure unless you're an expert. Maybe there are no NH00 fuse or fuse holders on eBay, who knows? But all I know is it's not a risk I'd take when they can be bought from suppliers with a reputation at a reasonable price.

That's the problem... I'm not familiar enough to spot a fake. I nearly bought golf club off eBay once which was fake, but so difficult to be sure unless you're an expert. Maybe there are no NH00 fuse or fuse holders on eBay, who knows? But all I know is it's not a risk I'd take when they can be bought from suppliers with a reputation at a reasonable price.
The ones a purchased were originally from RS conpnents. Bar code on the box backs this up. Like I said. £8

Back