diy solar

diy solar

20kW solar array share to 9 users with own meters

RealNail

Hi,
I would be happy to get your ideas on how to share the power generated by 20kWh solar array in a grid-tied system.
It's a small business park with 9 consumers having their own meters and separate energy supply contracts. 5 meters are three phase, 4 meters - single phase. The load of the biggest consumer is 5kW (midday), others consume between 1kW and 3kW. Total load of 9 consumers (midday) is 17kW. Average monthly consumption is 5900 kWh. As far as I understand we can not install one 20kW inverter and connect AC side in parallel. Should be one meter - one inverter, right? We could install separate solar array for each individual consumer, but then the system is not efficient. When one particular consumer does not consume - the generated energy is lost. Batteries can be a solution - but then the system is too expensive and complicated.
The Question: is there any cost efficient way to share the generated energy?
Currently, I'm considering three options:
1) 20kW PV solar array - 20kW inverter - Allume Solshare (https://allumeenergy.com/how-it-works/). This is for sharing AC power. Looks perfect - but expensive ($10k+)
2) Separate solar array for each consumer (3-5kW) with own hybrid inverter connected to a single small battery bank. The excess energy generated by individual solar array is transferred to a shared battery bank. I couldn't find cost efficient hybrid inverters.
3) 20kW solar array - 20kW charge controller - individual battery inverters for each consumer.
What do you think about these options? Do you have any other option in mind?

$10k is expensive for a 20kw inverter??

A "cheap China" Deye will set you back $5k..
Without the sharing option.

20kwh solar, provide only 20k at peak.
The rest is a lot lower.

You need "grid tied"..
For the raining days...
As you don't want to invest in a battery.

Panels, 350w = $100 (roughly)
$6000 on those alone.
+ installation, 10K easy.

The solshare seems like a good and CHEAP solution.

Unless you want to spend weeks and weeks configuring China stuff that after that time shows that it doesn't meet the specification, and doesn't work as you thought...
Where besides the many hours, "modification" to suit to your needs will cost in total more then the 10K...

Up to you:)
20Kw victron is already more expensive then $10k, and that is without solar charge controllers!! (An other 5K, plus the toys and tools $2.5k)

Back