diy solar

diy solar

20Kwh in the bank

wiseacre

Solar Addict
I built the first pair (on the left) last year using 202ah cells
Today I commissioned the second pair using 206ah (from SOK batteries)

I know I have more to do like adding some class T fuses to each battery before interring the Lynx Power-In busbar. But the budget is limited and somethings have to wait. Meanwhile there is at least a Class T before the inverter.

The Lynx was quite the honking busbar but it really worked excellent.
Jerry-rigged the SCC input to the negative post (had to use a "mounting" screw for the positive)
Inverter cables are attached to the Lynx unit interconnect on the right side and are covered by the enclosure (but not seen in the pic)

All will be enclosed in an oversized battery "box" with 2" of foam board insulation.
The box will be heated with a seed starting heat pad with temp set and kept at a constant 50+ F (saw -30F last winter)
The pad was set on edge between the batteries
I'll have plenty in the bank to afford the 25w constant load the heating pad uses
Last winter I had no problem maintaining temp but the box was half the size but i expect I'll need another pad for the second set.
Still, with the small loads I have the 1200wh use of the pads won't hurt too badly

All this is thanks to the knowledge gleaned here on the forum with a huge debt owed to Dexter / @HighTechLab at Current Connected.
All battery components including BMSs, wire and the Lynx were sourced through Current Connected.
and to help things along a couple of Rich 200w panels that fairly matched my existing Eco Worthy 195w panels.

My Victron 100/50 SCC often maxes out (just barely) these days.
battery box.jpg
lynx.jpg

Back