diy solar

diy solar

Cargo truck 24V 2200W Victron Build

Well you got me thinking about the battery disconnects. I saw a video from nate at explorists.life and he states that most cutoffs are rated up to 48v max. I saw a few cheap cutoff switches rated for 60-80v. Not sure if I trust them.

The Blue Sea 187 is also rated 48v max so it won’t work when i upgrade from 24v. I was looking at this one. Any thoughts? This would provide both the shutoff and circuit protection if I put one on each battery line going to the distributor in place of T fuses correct?

I’m not sure, but You might find the following video very interesting. It is showng the difference in a switch AC & DC. AC 1st then DC for the last minute of the video ( higher voltage 220 ,,, but you will see a difference ).

Big Difference;

For sure! Thats why I was hoping someone might know what is used for a battery disconnect in 48v setups.

Nate mentioned its an expensive breaker in the video but didn’t specify which. Also not sure if both class T fuse and breaker would be needed. The AIC of that breaker is 25k at 65v dc.

Back