diy solar

diy solar

Victron/SOK System

I have two of the 10K Quattro inverters.
They are rated for 10K continuous output each, and 20kw surge.
With two, that gives me 20k continuous output in split phase.
Where did you see the 16kw rating?

Ignore him.

You have to watch the Victron manuals. There are often "230V" typos in the "120V" manuals.

I have a pair of 5kVA Quattros. AC in 1 or AC in 2 doesn't matter. You can label them however you want in the Cerbo.

If your generator has L1 N L2 and G connections:

L1 N and G to the L1 inverter.
L2 N and G to the L2 inverter.

AC in 1 or 2, your preference.

Ignore him.

You have to watch the Victron manuals. There are often "230V" typos in the "120V" manuals.

I have a pair of 5kVA Quattros. AC in 1 or AC in 2 doesn't matter. You can label them however you want in the Cerbo.

If your generator has L1 N L2 and G connections:

L1 N and G to the L1 inverter.
L2 N and G to the L2 inverter.

AC in 1 or 2, your preference.
OK, so...
Gen L1 to Inverter 1 AC-1
Gen L2 to Inverter 2 AC-1
Gen N gets split and ran to both inverters
Gen G gets split and ran to both inverters
Correct?

That's what I thought I'd see from the generator.
Will the Quattro recognize input voltage below the lower limit and upper limit ranges?
120V is outside of that range.
View attachment 201732

That's a typo, or you have the wrong (or old) manual.

1710269761321.png

Another thing... not sure how @HighTechLab configures them.

If you're ever in a pinch and need to charge from 120V, this setting:

1710270193268.png

Should be turned OFF. "Switch as group" means the split phase setup switches as a group, i.e., they both synch to a split phase input.

By turning it off, it allows ONE inverter to sync to a 120V input, pass through and charge, and then the other inverter continues inverting, but has its signal driven by the input of the 120V attached inverter.

With that setting disabled, you can still use split phase input for charging without issue.

Another thing... not sure how @HighTechLab configures them.

If you're ever in a pinch and need to charge from 120V, this setting:

View attachment 201738

Should be turned OFF. "Switch as group" means the split phase setup switches as a group, i.e., they both synch to a split phase input.

By turning it off, it allows ONE inverter to sync to a 120V input, pass through and charge, and then the other inverter continues inverting, but has its signal driven by the input of the 120V attached inverter.

With that setting disabled, you can still use split phase input for charging without issue.
We set this setting only when the discussion of the customers application specifically requires it or they request it. It can mask an issue (for example phase loss) that needs further attention. By having the discussion with the customer we can educate them on how to make sure they properly monitor this type of use case and the potential pitfalls.

Sorry for the newbie question. I get how to install the solar items. My question is, what does your Victron to home/shop system look like? How is that wired?
Thanks,

Back