diy solar

diy solar

220 down to 110v

Budsy

Hi I’ve acquired a 24volt 3000 watt hybrid inverter charger but it is 220v output and I’m in Canada. Is it possible to get a 220 to 110 v unit and is it worth it?
Thanks

All you need is a transformer to convert 220 to 110v. Transformers are fairly inexpensive and efficient. There are lots on amazon, but I can't vouch for the quality of those.

Hi I’ve acquired a 24volt 3000 watt hybrid inverter charger but it is 220v output and I’m in Canada. Is it possible to get a 220 to 110 v unit and is it worth it?
Thanks
It can be done but it can also create issues due to Euro/Asia 230vAC 50hz single phase is a different critter than North American 120/240vAC 60hz split phase. In my opinion it is not worth the headache unless you thoroughly understand the process. So No it is not worth it.

The fact that you had to ask, tells me that it's not going to be worth it for you.
It takes a higher level skill set to do it correctly.
Sorry, if this isn't what you had hoped to hear. But it's better to find out before you spend more money.

It can be done but it can also create issues due to Euro/Asia 230vAC 50hz single phase is a different critter than North American 120/240vAC 60hz split phase. In my opinion it is not worth the headache unless you thoroughly understand the process. So No it is not worth it.
Thanks that’s what I thought
The fact that you had to ask, tells me that it's not going to be worth it for you.
It takes a higher level skill set to do it correctly.
Sorry, if this isn't what you had hoped to hear. But it's better to find out before you spend more money.
you are right I know nothing but that’s also what I paid for it so I thought I would ask the experts. Anyway hopefully I’ll find a smarter person that wants to buy it.
Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back