diy solar

diy solar

24v system in 5th wheel

Arh

If my 24v to 12v step-down converter ever failed, would it be possible to plug back in the converter if the battery charger wires were permanently removed from it?

Yes. Although when the 24v battery is installed there would be no direct connection to the 24v battery.... nothing to disconnect.

If my 24v to 12v step-down converter ever failed, would it be possible to plug back in the converter if the battery charger wires were permanently removed from it?

You mean the AC-DC converter, right? Yes, you could leave it connected. It does pull a very small load on the DC side, even if the AC side has no power. I have a disconnect on my converter's DC side to avoid the small draw.

You mean the AC-DC converter, right? Yes, you could leave it connected. It does pull a very small load on the DC side, even if the AC side has no power. I have a disconnect on my converter's DC side to avoid the small draw.
So if my 24v to 12v converter died and I plugged back in the ac-dc converter I would still have 12v power correct? At least during the day as my solar would be powering it

So if my 24v to 12v converter died and I plugged back in the ac-dc converter I would still have 12v power correct? At least during the day as my solar would be powering it
You can just turn off the AC to 12v convertor at the breaker in 90% of the recent 5th wheels. You can also run two 24v to 12v convertors if really concerned. In such a case I would prefer the Victrons as they have a fine adjust on the voltage.

Correct to assume that getting the jacks down is your biggest concern?

You can just turn off the AC to 12v convertor at the breaker in 90% of the recent 5th wheels. You can also run two 24v to 12v convertors if really concerned. In such a case I would prefer the Victrons as they have a fine adjust on the voltage.

Correct to assume that getting the jacks down is your biggest concern?
Yes. I have the victron 70amp converter. Just trying to have a plan incase it goes out

Back