diy solar

diy solar

277Ah Prismatic Cells

Nigel Snook

There seem to be a number of suppliers stocking 277Ah cells. Should we be suspicious that these were initially manufactured as 280Ah and have failed a capacity test. It seems strange that manufacturers would produce two items with such close specification? Any insight appreciated......

There seem to be a number of suppliers stocking 277Ah cells. Should we be suspicious that these were initially manufactured as 280Ah and have failed a capacity test. It seems strange that manufacturers would produce two items with such close specification? Any insight appreciated......
I believe the 277Ah cells are ETC cells. Not sure if the weird numbers with high capacity cells have to do with not quite making it to the round number, or being the max capacity they could achieve at the time or some other unrelated reason but its common with the aluminum cells. For instance:

EVE 280
ETC 277
Lishen 272
CATL 271
ETC 228
CATL 202
Lishen 202

Unlike the blue aluminum cell manufacturers, all the nylon case cell manufacturers that I am aware of, seem to use round numbers (and conservatively round down)

I believe the 277Ah cells are ETC cells. Not sure if the weird numbers with high capacity cells have to do with not quite making it to the round number, or being the max capacity they could achieve at the time or some other unrelated reason but its common with the aluminum cells. For instance:

EVE 280
ETC 277
Lishen 272
CATL 271
ETC 228
CATL 202
Lishen 202

Unlike the blue aluminum cell manufacturers, all the nylon case cell manufacturers that I am aware of, seem to use round numbers (and conservatively round down)
Makes sense. It seems like stocks are low of the 280Ah units. Thanks

Reactions: Dzl
Back