diy solar

diy solar

280AH vs. 304AH EVE Grade A - Which one?

LivingTheDream

Hello Everyone,
If all things the same, meaning price and such, is one cell performing better than the other? Both EVE, both new, both balanced, etc. This will be for an RV solar setup, 16 cells at 24v config. TYIA!!!

1) i wouldn't trust that both were grade A
2) I wouldn't trust that both were brand new
3) I wouldn't trust that both came balanced.

Do they have the same physical size? 304 is 5% larger. If they aren't physically larger, then they are all likely 290? cells and some tested better and some tested worse. so we just relabel them.

price per kwh? any diffrent? are the 280 cheeper in $/kwh? could suggest reject (whatever capacity) cells.

IF you WANT to put faith in everything being equal (again something I personally wouldn't do) then who doesn't want more battery?

I don't trust anyone in this business. That is why I'll be driving to Houston and picking up the batteries in person from the warehouse. I've been waiting since February for cells and finally pulled the plug (no pun intended) and will do this all in person if I can. I will test the voltage of the pack, inspect the cases, inspect the QR codes, and anything else people recommend. Obviously I won't be able to do a capacity test at the warehouse, but I'll do my best to insure they are good cells.

I am uncertain if they are physically the same size. I'll know once I'm there.

Price is the same between the two. I worked out a deal with the seller as she saw what I was going through with the cells I ordered elsewhere. Again, I don't trust anyone, but at some point I have to just go for it.

I only put faith in GOD, no one else, so that's a mute point. I was just curious if anyone has heard of better results with one over the other in regards to performance, swelling, reliability, etc. Bigger is better, until it isn't. LOL. I have a 44' fifth wheel which is awesome when standing still. When I'm trying to get off grid and boondock, then not so much. HAHAHA!

diy solar

diy solar
Back