diy solar

diy solar

A-grade 304 Eve cells - fake, or real? What to expect?

ANy help appreciated... These are supposed to be Grade a EVE LF304 form 18650 recievd acouple of days ago. PXL_20240306_054547338.jpgPXL_20240306_054541417.jpgPXL_20240306_054520448.jpg

Is there an imprint in the shipping box’s protective foam in the shape of the terminal? The terminal looks like it’s leaning, but it could be camera aspect angle.

Is there an imprint in the shipping box’s protective foam in the shape of the terminal? The terminal looks like it’s leaning, but it could be camera aspect angle.
My question is regarding the base undeneath the terminal. From what I have found is that the LF304 normally have a round base wheres the LF280K V3 have an octagon base like what I have. So Im wondering If i got sold LF280K marketed as LF304. Or if they changed to the octagon base on the LF304 also. But every picture I have seen of the LF304 has the roundish base under the terminal.

My question is regarding the base undeneath the terminal. From what I have found is that the LF304 normally have a round base wheres the LF280K V3 have an octagon base like what I have. So Im wondering If i got sold LF280K marketed as LF304. Or if they changed to the octagon base on the LF304 also. But every picture I have seen of the LF304 has the roundish base under the terminal.
I have yet to any 304's with ocogone bases, but It could very well be that EVE has changed that

I see LF280K on the barcode label.
You mean next to the QR code - yes seems very clear that's what they are. Same as what I got, only these actually do have LF280K on them. They probably will test to around 304Ah, but the batch of 304Ah I eventually got tested around 313Ah. You have a right to complain to the seller. At the right price adjustment (i.e. some refund) they are still good cells.

Wow, your are the second person that ordered 304 cells and got 280K instead:

first I thought it was a mistake but now I'm thinking this is some BS going on.

18650 is sinking fast first they no longer send you test reports, now they are sending the wrong cells!

Wow, your are the second person that ordered 304 cells and got 280K instead:

first I thought it was a mistake but now I'm thinking this is some BS going on.

18650 is sinking fast first they no longer send you test reports, now they are sending the wrong cells!
Very interesting and alarming...

If you really zoom in on one of the photos from the "304ah" reviews it looks like 280k...

It's also quite suspicious they have multiple photos of the 280K in the listing, some you can read the code; not the case with the "304"...

And the old grade B listing is clearly 304...

If you really zoom in on one of the photos from the "304ah" reviews it looks like 280k...

It's also quite suspicious they have multiple photos of the 280K in the listing, some you can read the code; not the case with the "304"...

well their spreadsheet picture shows 310-317 amp hours on the giant list at least
I can't read any of those qr labels at all on any of the item pics or reviews though, too low quality
can see them fine on the B listing as you said

Of my batch of eight 304Ah from EEL Battery they got between 310-317Ah when I tested them. The four '304Ah' (which like this poster, were actually 280K v.3) tested at around 300-304Ah so with decent cells you're pretty likely to get more capacity than on the label, but that's like anything sold by weight - you usually get a little extra to protect themselves against claims of under weight (probably not with gold bullion though).

ANy help appreciated... These are supposed to be Grade a EVE LF304 form 18650 recievd acouple of days ago.

ya those look like 280's, my 304's I got from them have a round top under the welded on terminal that have a pinch out on two sides and they say 304 in the barcode. If you ordered 304's I would reach out to them and ask them what's going on, if they offer to give you the difference in price back, tell them you ordered the 304's for a reason and that's what you would really like and paid for. they may send you out the proper cells.

with mine one was damaged so they ended up sending me an additional one so I ended up with the 4 good ones to make my battery and a very slightly dammaged one as a back up. they tried to say it would most likely still work fine, but I told them with the exchange rate and such I paid a pretty penny for new cells and I want them to look new.. they agreed

Of my batch of eight 304Ah from EEL Battery they got between 310-317Ah when I tested them. The four '304Ah' (which like this poster, were actually 280K v.3) tested at around 300-304Ah so with decent cells you're pretty likely to get more capacity than on the label, but that's like anything sold by weight - you usually get a little extra to protect themselves against claims of under weight (probably not with gold bullion though).
I guess if they were actually 280 cells they may have moved them to that 304 section since they performed so well? though they're worse than the real 304ah ones
I have 64 actual 280ah cells and they get 271-286

I spoke with them just now. They agreed ship them back , and will replace with 304 cells. Still dont know if it was accidental or intentional.

Back