diy solar

diy solar

2s, 3s, and 4s Busbar design

danphillips

I started to assemble my 3p4s battey and really did not like how the busbar design layed out. I started thinking and came up with this idea.

This design is for CALB 180ah batteries but I can alter it for any battery bank. I'm going to talk to a fabricator on Monday, is anyone interested in these?

Does anyone have design ideas to enhance it? Since copper is so expensive, would aluminum work?

1593349811466.png

does anyone have the specs on the EVE cells - need to know the dimensions and off set of the cell pads

I have the two latest versions of the specs. I attach both as I recall they removed some stuff in the new version and I didn't check if the mech drawings are affected.

Aluminium is ok if it's beefier to compensate for the lower conductivity than copper ;)

Attachments

• EVE LF280-72174  Specification.pdf
    779.4 KB · Views: 17
  • EVE LF280N-72174  Specification.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 10
does anyone have the specs on the EVE cells - need to know the dimensions and off set of the cell pads
I think it depends on how you are going to clamp them. The center to center dimension will vary based on clamping. It is the cell width but every dimension has a plus or minus figure attached to it that you could compensate for with larger hole sizes. The offset from end to end can be derived from the dimensions in the specs attached above.
Yus, I plan on using aluminum but I am glad I did not start making my buss bars until my cells arrived.

Apologies for resurrecting an old post and I'm very new at this. In the above diagram, where would the balancing leads from the BMS attach?

The best position is in the middle of each bus bar (a threaded hole would work). But for any low C rate application, you can just tie to just about any cell, as the Delta V across the bus bar should be a couple mV max.

Here is an example for an 8s cell.
I describe it this way just because its expedient and should work fine.
Code:
    balance {
        0<-battery.cell[0].pos
        1<-battery.cell[0].neg
        2<-battery.cell[1].neg
        3<-battery.cell[2].neg
        4<-battery.cell[3].neg
        5<-battery.cell[4].neg
        6<-battery.cell[5].neg
        7<-battery.cell[6].neg
        8<-battery.cell[7].neg
    }
Should be 9 balance leads for an 8s pack.

Back