diy solar

diy solar

3.2v 280Ah cells from Shenzhen Wochun Technology Limited

peteappleyard

Hi guys,

I've just got a quote of $790 for 8x 3.2v 280Ah cells (+bars and bolts) and rail shipping (DDP) to the UK.

Firstly, has anyone used the supplier (Shenzhen Wochun Technology Limited) on Alibaba before? I'm looking at getting these: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/LF280-3-2V-Lifepo4-Prismatic-Original_1600125176026.html

And secondly, how does the price look? To me it seems like quite a good price for the cells.

I'll need a battery box for these, but looking on the forums, it seems like a lot of people just 3D print their own?

And finally the BMS...I'd be looking for a 8s BMS capable of taking ~210A (5kW) through it for my large inverter. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally something reasonably plug-n-play (it's for an electric campervan). From what I've read, a DCC might be my best bet?

Any help very much appreciated :)

Pete

Don't know anything about the supplier. But those look like Lishen cells to me. I don't think anyone has purchased them but it is a reputable brand.

If I was you I would look at some of the suppliers we know of and have a good reputation.

Don't know anything about the supplier. But those look like Lishen cells to me. I don't think anyone has purchased them but it is a reputable brand.

If I was you I would look at some of the suppliers we know of and have a good reputation.

Those are Lishen cells.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 17

Thank you.

Are Lishen cells of a good standard? When I asked is there a reason that their prices are lower than other manufacturers like XUBA or Shenzhen Luyuan, the sales guy on Alibaba for the company, said:

"we would control strictly for the cells quality, such as consistency and ourselve voltage tolenrance inspection level, the cells from same brand distributor, the difference is the different inspection in different companies. even the same batch cells, there is quality level exist. XUBA or yuyuan, only they sell earlier on alibaba , but as you know the brand cell are not their own produced."

Sound like a politician answer to your question .... long winded with no real substance. It almost seemed like they were saying they are from the same company ... but my interpretation is they didn't.

Are Lishen cells of a good standard? When I asked is there a reason that their prices are lower than other manufacturers like XUBA or Shenzhen Luyuan, the sales guy on Alibaba for the company, said:
Well they are all going to basically say the same thing. Was the quote from Xuba for EVE cells or Lishens? EVE cells cost more than Lishens. And BTW, none of the suppliers actually manufacturer the cells unless they expressly state they do, and even then they could be lying.

I know for a fact neither Shenzhen Wochun or Xuba manufacture EVE or Lishen cells. EVE has it's own page on Alibaba but the prices are much higher than getting the cells from a supplier.

Are Lishen cells of a good standard? I would say yes. They are one of the major manufacturers in China. And from what I have learned about them so far they are as good as EVE's. If you can wait, there are other members that have the Lishens on the way and we should have some feedback from them soon.

That price is cheaper, but isn’t too far off from what Basen is offering this week. Please keep us updated.

Hi guys,

I've just got a quote of $790 for 8x 3.2v 280Ah cells (+bars and bolts) and rail shipping (DDP) to the UK.

Firstly, has anyone used the supplier (Shenzhen Wochun Technology Limited) on Alibaba before? I'm looking at getting these: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/LF280-3-2V-Lifepo4-Prismatic-Original_1600125176026.html

And secondly, how does the price look? To me it seems like quite a good price for the cells.

I'll need a battery box for these, but looking on the forums, it seems like a lot of people just 3D print their own?

And finally the BMS...I'd be looking for a 8s BMS capable of taking ~210A (5kW) through it for my large inverter. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally something reasonably plug-n-play (it's for an electric campervan). From what I've read, a DCC might be my best bet?

Any help very much appreciated :)

Pete
Did you order and receive the cells from Shenzhen Wochun? If so did everything go ok?
I spoke to their sales rep this morning and found him very forward and almost pushy. I asked about a price for shipping and he wanted to start the order straight away.

Aggressive Sales Reps are a RED WARNING FLAG⚠️
Margins on these commodity cells is typically 10-14% there is little room for movement and that results in "opportunists".

Anyone that pushes you to do something, accept a job, buy product C, over A & B, or pushes you when you are not feeling comfortable most often ends negatively.

Being comfortable with the representative and is still important IMO. But everyone has their own measure for that and have to decide for themselves.

Lastly, I would urge anyone who is uncomfortable with any rep, to move on. The membership here has had good experiences with several vendors up to and including having cells / merchandise replaced. There are MANY vendors out there and range anywhere from outstandingly great to absolutely horrible... So please take your time shopping out your needs/wants and look at the Positive Experiences people have had with their vendors/suppliers.

I’m planning to keep looking. I’m in the uk and can’t get ddp shipping from a few suppliers due to brexit. I won’t have the money until the end of the month so just looking in the meantime.

I bought my 280AH Xuba Tech, in the spring, the Rep Amy Wan has essentially a Rockstar status around here. She's taken over XUBA's Sister company and is continuing her excellent service & support & will shortly be expanding offerings & deals, including a few "specials" for our forum members. Therefore I can recommend Luyuan & Amy, I believe they can do DPP to UK.

Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)

I also bought 20x 280ah batteries from Amy such a great experience

I bought from Basen and Sheila was very professional, I even got a special need which was 17 cells and they do not fit their packages, still she accepted my order.

I was first on an other seller " Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology" but the seller was too pushy...i hate that, first alarm was when he asked what was my budget while I already asked for a precise quotation (16 cells, ddp to my place)....what as my budget have to do with the quotation.... Then some cheap seller tricks like "it's my last coupon of the month, I asked it specially to my boss, you got to buy now"....lol..?

I’m aware of Amy wan’s rockstar status. I’ve done a lot of reading on this site. There’s a shortage of sellers that have 280ah cells just now and I’m impatient. I’ve been waiting a long time to buy these batteries and I’m worried I miss out due to the changes in supply.

I’m aware of Amy wan’s rockstar status. I’ve done a lot of reading on this site. There’s a shortage of sellers that have 280ah cells just now and I’m impatient. I’ve been waiting a long time to buy these batteries and I’m worried I miss out due to the changes in supply.
There are no "Once in a Lifetime" deals that you have to jump on to worry about. There are always deals coming & going. 280AH cells have been very popular here & of course Google has picked that up and when anyone does a search for lifepo batteries and such, this site pops up too.... which in turn has made folks look at the vendors we write about & use and that spread fast across the web.

There are great deals on 272AH and other similar capacity cells from good manufacturers and production is ramping up and the supply chain is changing.

Back