diy solar

diy solar

3 phase hybrid inverters, 48v battery compatible and grid tied.

Simonthesolar

Hi all,

I have a 3 phase inverter on grid (uk) and wanted to know options for swapping in a hybrid inverter to run some 16 s 280ah eve batterys. I am in the UK so need them to be g98/99 compliant ect... Anyone got any suggestions for a good inverter?

Thanks I don't think the deye 3 phase inverters are g98/99 compliant?? which is required in the UK.

SunSink now sells the Deye products in the UK. Check with them to see if they have gotten the certificates for theirs. I'm sure that it would be a priority for them.

Deye is in the business of building and selling great inverters in huge quantities.
They leave the compliance for different locations to their local distributors.

Just a nieve question, presumably with a 3 phase hybrid inverter the battery would be discharged to which ever phase required? Would it make any difference if 1 of the phases was in more constant use than the other 2?

Thanks

Just a nieve question, presumably with a 3 phase hybrid inverter the battery would be discharged to which ever phase required? Would it make any difference if 1 of the phases was in more constant use than the other 2?

Thanks
not really, if you take the sunsunk / deye's 12k , they have 4kw for each phase, however max out at 2,5 times that per phase.

it's always a good idea to balance your loads over the different phases btw

Thanks for the reply, what do u mean by max out at 2.5 times per phase? Very tricky yo truly balance as I have a 3 phase supply but the phase are split supplying 3 seperate buildings.

a 3 phase 12k deye/sunsynk inverter is essentially 3 x a 4 kw inverter.
overload ( peak load ) , can be a maximum of 9 kw per phase

this is a single unit, these can be stacked up to 9

so in your case each building would have a 4 kw service, but may draw a peak of 9 for a few seconds

a 3 phase 12k deye/sunsynk inverter is essentially 3 x a 4 kw inverter.
overload ( peak load ) , can be a maximum of 9 kw per phase

this is a single unit, these can be stacked up to 9

so in your case each building would have a 4 kw service, but may draw a peak of 9 for a few seconds
Do you think the Deye 12kw 3ph would run a 5.5kw 3ph motor, considering high start up current required.

Do you think the Deye 12kw 3ph would run a 5.5kw 3ph motor, considering high start up current required.
depends on the current the motor needs and if it is in offgrid mode, and if the motor is connected as essential load.

in grid connected is has 200a passthrought on the essential loads
non essential is has whatever your grid can deliver
in off grid mode it will push 12 kw for a short time per phase.

alternative would be fitting a softstart to the motor.

as for personal experience, it has 0 problems starting my 12kw heatpump

Thank you for response. It will be used in an offgrid situation. No mains power available.
So if I understand correctly, Deye 12kw 3ph hybrid inverter will supply 12kw per phase when running a motor?
depends on the current the motor needs and if it is in offgrid mode, and if the motor is connected as essential load.

in grid connected is has 200a passthrought on the essential loads
non essential is has whatever your grid can deliver
in off grid mode it will push 12 kw for a short time per phase.

alternative would be fitting a softstart to the motor.

as for personal experience, it has 0 problems starting my 12kw heatpump

Thank you for response. It will be used in an offgrid situation. No mains power available.
So if I understand correctly, Deye 12kw 3ph hybrid inverter will supply 12kw per phase when running a motor?
for a short time
it is a HF inverter, so you should really stick to a max of 4 kw per phase continues, eventhough the specs say it can run unbalanced.
if you need more, buy a second inverter

for a short time
it is a HF inverter, so you should really stick to a max of 4 kw per phase continues, eventhough the specs say it can run unbalanced.

Thanks. This was really helpful. I had my doubts about 1 single unit meeting my needs. The supplier was very cagey on giving specific answer. I dont mind getting 2 units as long as my need to run the the motor is met, hussle free.

for a short time

I have tried researching on the Deye 3ph 12kw inverter. Some suppliers say its a low frequency inverter so this is really çonfusing for me.

I am also trying to figure out whether this inverter can meet my need to power a 5.5kw motor at 380v 3ph. I figured that this motor is rated 11amps and if we assume x3 startup current through an ac drive that gives 33amps start up current. To develop 380v 3ph, the line to line voltage is 220v, meaning each phase must supply 33amps at 220v at start up. This is 7260 w which is within the 4000x2.5 surge capacity of the inverter. Thereafter the current requirement drops to 11amps per phase to run the motor continuously. Is my thinking correct?

Back