diy solar

diy solar

36 volt bms for golf cart.

Twrecks

I have 12 - 3.2 volt 100aH prismatic cells that I’m trying to put together for a 36 volt EZGO golf cart. Are there any recommendations for bms. I’m assuming I need a 12s 36 volt and I’m leaning towards a Daly just because it’s the only one that specs out. Going to probably get a 200 amp bms or do I need to follow the amp hours on the battery. Any help is appreciated

I doubt you need amp hours. A volt meter and a bit of experience will tell when it is time to head home or plug in.

You do realize the amp/amp hour question is directed at the BMS and has nothing to do with drive time…

I see what you are asking. Most cells can discharge at .5 to 1C (half of the "amp hour" rating to the full "ah" rating), which would mean for 100ah cells, they could be discharged from (generally speaking) 50 to 100a. Some cells are rated much higher, up to 5-10c. Most smaller cells (like a 100ah) can discharge at higher relative rates than larger ones.

For a 200a BMS, your cells would need to have at least a 2c pulse rating. If you post the spec sheet or specific cell model, I can help you find out.

These are all JBD brand BMS's. I swear by them, and so do a lot of other users here.

You do realize the amp/amp hour question is directed at the BMS and has nothing to do with drive time…
Just saying I doubt the amp/hour counter is needed on the BMS. It would be OK to get a BMS without.
Is convenient to have along with BT app that tells the individual cell voltages at a glance. Especially if something does not seem right.

Sorry I don't have a specific recommendation for a 36v BMS.

I see what you are asking. Most cells can discharge at .5 to 1C (half of the "amp hour" rating to the full "ah" rating), which would mean for 100ah cells, they could be discharged from (generally speaking) 50 to 100a. Some cells are rated much higher, up to 5-10c. Most smaller cells (like a 100ah) can discharge at higher relative rates than larger ones.

For a 200a BMS, your cells would need to have at least a 2c pulse rating. If you post the spec sheet or specific cell model, I can help you find out.

These are all JBD brand BMS's. I swear by them, and so do a lot of other users here.

Wasn't there a 300A BMS or is that JK?

Wasn't there a 300A BMS or is that JK?
I thought they made one with a contactor that went up to 500. It could be discontinued, or I could be wrong.

Back