diy solar

diy solar

3s1p

Dunndeal

SparksMayFly
I’m having a brain fart. Would some one show me a picture of a 3S1p configuration’s of PV panels. I want to be sure I’m doing it right. Thanks in advance

You have 3 panels, i will call them A, B and C.
Take the + of A and connect it to the - of B. Take the + of B and connect it to the - of C.

Done. Grab a beer and post a pic.

acdoctor you’ve help me again. Thanks very much. I must be confused about 3S1p. I thought 3S1p meant the in 3 series and 1p = 4 panels more research on my part

3s1p = 3 panels in series and 1 string in parallel.
1 in parallel, just means 1 string only.

I’ll have 3 in series and 1 in parallel.
How many panels do you actually have? 3 or 4?

Remember that 3S1P is normally written as 3S.

The picture posted by @acdoctor is 4S (or 4S1P - same thing). If you have 3 panels and you want them in series then it is the same as the picture but with one less panel. It is exactly what @MisterSandals described.

If you actually have 4 panels then you have 3 options: 4S, 4P, or 2S2P.

acdoctor you’ve help me again. Thanks very much. I must be confused about 3S1p. I thought 3S1p meant the in 3 series and 1p = 4 panels more research on my part
I didn’t mean to confuse I could not quickly find a picture of 3S that’s a 4S

I’ve got 4 panels. Thanks for your help
OK then, as I said, you have 3 options for arranging 4 panels. The choice depends largely on the full specs of the panels and your solar charge controller. It can also depend on potential shading issues and battery/system voltage.

Post links to the panel specs and your charge controller. Tell us how/where the panels will be mounted, and your system voltage.

How many panels do you actually have? 3 or 4?

Remember that 3S1P is normally written as 3S.

The picture posted by @acdoctor is 4S (or 4S1P - same thing). If you have 3 panels and you want them in series then it is the same as the picture but with one less panel. It is exactly what @MisterSandals described.

If you actually have 4 panels then you have 3 options: 4S, 4P, or 2S2P.
Your suggestion is appreciated. But that would over amp the system and I would be over voltage. I have four panels. I want to hook 3 in series and 1 panel in parallel. I have a48 volts system

I want to hook 3 in series and 1 panel in parallel.
That's not a valid setup and not one of the 3 possible options I showed.

Please post the specs I requested and we can help you get this setup correctly.

Let’s revisit what you are trying to do? I now think you are trying to have 3 panels in series and a 4 th in parallel.
@rmaddy beat me to it
Yes sir. I’ve purchased a growatt 3500 inverter 48 volts. With four panels in series I’m over voltage. With 2 in series and 2 parallel. I’m over amped. With the 4 panels, I want 3 panels in series and 1 panel in parallel. That configuration will be just right as for the V and amps for my inverter. Would that be

That doesn’t sound correct. I have a 3000 watt growatt it can take 145 VOC and 2000 watts of panels. What model do you have. Or a link to the manual. You may be making it harder than necessary.

That's not a valid setup and not one of the 3 possible options I showed.

Please post the specs I requested and we can help you get this setup correctly.
Inverter growatt SPF 3500 ES, has a limit of pv voltage of 450 volts. Max Amperage input is 18a. Max charge current 80a. 4 pv panels. 305 watts each
That doesn’t sound correct. I have a 3000 watt growatt it can take 145 VOC and 2000 watts of panels. What model do you have. Or a link to the manual. You may be making it harder than necessary.
growatt spf 3500 ES. I have 4 pv panels. 305 watts, max voltage 36.8, current 8.30 amps, VOC 45.6.

Inverter growatt SPF 3500 ES, has a limit of pv voltage of 450 volts. Max Amperage input is 18a. Max charge current 80a. 4 pv panels. 305 watts each

growatt spf 3500 ES. I have 4 pv panels. 305 watts, max voltage 36.8, current 8.30 amps, VOC 45.6.
450 VOC

Back