diy solar

diy solar

(4) 12v wired in Series for 48v Bank

Keep it going. I may need this info because my bank is pretty much going to be identical to yours.
That’s really about all there is, and it isn’t specific to Chins by any means. Every battery is a unique animal. When you’re building your own you can request and maybe even get matched cells, but buying finished 12 volt batteries from Amazon it is unlikely they will be identical in resistance

you just need to accept that and work with it. Step one is to balance them all. Charge them, Hook them up in parallel, charge them again. Let them sit for a day or so Then wire them in series, but keep an eye on them as they cycle. The Victron Bmv 712 I use is pricey, but it monitors the midpoint for me so I don’t have to pull out a meter all the time

if they drift excessively, you can either by a 4s balancer, or disassemble and rebalance them manually by hooking them back together in parallel

Chins batteries. I bought a length of 0.125" x 0.75" Copper Rectangle Bar 110-H02 from online metals and drilled my own bus bars
Just ordered these. Thanks for the reference.
I have heat-shrink to cover between terminals.
Are those plastic covers you have over them as well?

Just ordered these. Thanks for the reference.
I have heat-shrink to cover between terminals.
Are those plastic covers you have over them as well?
They are. I ordered basic terminal covers from Battery Cables USA with a batch of cables (I don't crimp my own, some things are worth paying others to do). I know I've seen them on Amazon as well for less than $10.00. I drop stuff so I can't be too careful when it comes to exposed contact points :)

When your cabins online I woudn't mind a hunt he said shamelessly :)
Cabin's system has been up and running for over a year. Much smaller system than this, but it gives us enough to survive off grid.
This system I'm building is for a back-up system at home.

Back