diy solar

diy solar

4 -3.2 volt batteries, how can i wire the 4 in parrellel first,then in series,

roadrunner

if i run in parralel first i raise amp hours, or just wire in series to get my 12 volts and not worry about it, power out emergency only

ok, seing as i have 8-batteries, 25ah each, i suppose i could wire 2 in parralel, then wire 4x2 packs in series and that would give me 50 ah i think

What are your goals and plans?

For my example - I am guessing you have 25ah cells -

If you have four cells and want a 12v battery- then 4s (4 in series). You will have a 12v 25ah battery.

If you have four cells in parallel you will have a 3.2v 100ah super cell. 4p

If you have eight cells and put two in parallel you have a 50ah supercell then four of these supercells in parallel you have a 12v50ah battery. 2p4s

You could also put all eight in series 8s for a 24v 25ah battery.

You could also make two 12v batteries 4s each then connect these two batteries in parallel 4s2p (really 1p4s2p - but we drop the first 1p). You would need two bms’s for this plan.

Good Luck

I noticed your post as I was typing so I changed to the proper sizes.

thanks, thats what i thought, looking for 12 volts total for a inverter,power out emergency only

looking for 12 volts total for a inverter,power out emergency only
8x 3.2V 25Ah cells, wired as 2P4S will make a 12.8V 50Ah battery

12.8V x 50Ah = 640Wh total capacity

What inverter and loads are you expecting to use in an emergency?

You could power 5x 100W lights for about an hour inverter conversion loss (inverter efficiency and standby power varies so choose wisely).

fridge,couple lights, lights are led, maybe 15 wats,maybe tv. tv should be about 150 watts,, my fridge uses according to killowatt meter fridge uses 140 watts,,1.3 amps when running,fridge uses 1.96 kwh in 24 hours

im noy getting in touch with utility, this is on my own,trial and error, can only have 2 panels on shed roof, have to hide

Back