diy solar

diy solar

4 series 2 parallel ocv difference

Scot-Cameron

Hello fellow solar people, i have just finished fitting my solar panels, all the same brand new, east west facing, 4 series each side, the ocv on the east side is 141v and the new west side just fitted is 128 ocv, about 13 volts of difference, my question is should i chase the voltage difference or just carry on with it, I expected a few volts of difference but not that much. Was going to test each panel today to see if one is low today but not sure if im just wasting my time chasing it.
Thank you
Scot

Hi
I only have a single input hybrid inverter to use just now, been reading up on the best way to connect, will try both so ive arranged it so i can change from 8 in series to 4 series 2 parallel without much hassle. Its on my garage roof and the apex / pitch is very low, not like a house, If no good will look at dual input, Its all new to me so treading carefully. Will get on with the rest of my wiring if it seems ok. will check again when the sun is shining equally on both sides as the day proceeds along with a temperature read of each side.
Thank you
Scot

Last edited:
Back