diy solar

diy solar

48 volt LED strip lights

mvonw

Solar Addict
4B390C8A-44E0-4945-9C22-BBD8990EC02F.jpegI got these 48 volt strip lights connected directly to my server rack batteries. It works great. I’m using a remote control 48 volt switch I got off amazon. This is in my power house with the inverter and battery bank. These lights draw almost nothing in current, and are extremely bright. It was a little hard to find 48 volt LED, but I found these on superbrightled.com

Nice find, thanks for sharing.
I always found it strange that LED rope/strip lights are available in 120V AC for direct plug in but the low voltage products are 12V DC. The problem is most LV landscape lighting is based on 12V AC.

I always found it strange that LED rope/strip lights are available in 120V AC for direct plug in but the low voltage products are 12V DC.
It's because with 48V you will get in trouble with arcing if there is any fault. At 12V the risk is much much lower but not zero.

This is what the manufacturer says about the 48volt LED strips:

"Higher voltage LED Strip Lights can illuminate a longer distance without the worry of voltage drop. As a part of the Highlight series, this tape light uses pro-grade 2835 LED chips to create a powerful yet efficient line of light. High CRI of 90+ renders truer, vivid colors. The low-profile and flexible construction is a versatile solution for a wide range of indoor spaces. Use as accent lighting in coves and architectural features, or as task light for under-cabinets, work benches, and more.

Product Details:
  • Strip Width: 12mm
  • 0-100% dimmable
  • IP20 rated for indoor applications
  • 48 VDC
  • Cuttable segment length: 6.56 in. (166.7 mm)
  • Density: 25 LEDs/ft"

How did you end up fusing these? I like the idea of running some lighting right off 48V batteries, not even DC-DC losses (just the resistors or current limiter chips)

Back