diy solar

diy solar

48v LiFePO4 build

Hoping someone can help me out here as this diagram has me confused. I will refer to the two black leads as that is my reference point to get the wiring done right.

On page one you can see that the black wires go to cell 1 and cell 9. There is a mystery blue line between cells 8 and 9 which I assume is a busbar.

On page two you can see that the main battery posts are the negative of cell 1 and the positive of cell 16. That makes me wonder if they confused cell 9 and cell 16 between the two pages. I would guess that the black wires end up on the most positive and most negative terminals but cell 9 doesn't fit this assumption.

I have never used a BMS before so just looking for confirmation if anyone can help.

Attachments

• CHARGERY BMS16T connection diagram.pdf
    771.1 KB · Views: 16
OK I got this answer from Craig:

Really quick in the middle there are 2 wires one red and one black connected together. So the last red wire from first harness and black wire from second harness are connected together to same post.

So it looks like the directions are correct and I am back to assembling, thanks.

First level done. Moving up to second level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 40
And here is what the second level, mounted on a cutting board looks like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 74
Stuck here until I can figure out how to get the Chargery to turn on. See here:

After that is sorted out I will wire up the Victron for solar panels and connect it to the battery.

The third level will simply be the inverter mounted on top of the whole thing.

Ok, plugged in the wrong com port so the Chargery lights up now.

I hope to get it set up tomorrow and finish the build.

Will has talked about the terminals. They're M10 in metric bolt sizes and you can safely use a impact driver on them. I'd love to have them on my 280AH cells.
I would not do an impact on any battery terminal bad advice!

Back