diy solar

diy solar

500 Watt Solar panels in the US?

Jronguitar

Hoping to locate 500 Watt Panels in the US. If not, looking for the best 400 Watt Panels.

Does anybody have a lead for these?

Thanks.

I don't know about suppliers, but I have seen a lot of 400 watt LG panels used on security trailers locally of late. These are the type of trailers with security cameras, flashing lights, and the like, used in parking lots and construction sites. Considering the rough use they see in these environments, I'd say they are pretty well made. If I could find a supplier that wouldn't beat me silly on shipping, I'd buy them!

Hi all,
I recently purchased the LG2.5 Q Peak Duo 48v panels rated at 390w, class A. They go up to 395w version also. These are mono half cells 6x24, meaning they are 72 cells split in half for efficiency in extreme heat, as I understand. So far these panels are performing very well. They wake up early and continue to perform at low light in the late afternoon, which is what I was shopping for. Have a look around. I have a source, but they move fast I was told at the warehouse.
Not 500w, however I found choices are slim at the highest watt panels in my search. Delivery was another hurdle.

Hi all,
I recently purchased the LG2.5 Q Peak Duo 48v panels rated at 390w, class A. They go up to 395w version also. These are mono half cells 6x24, meaning they are 72 cells split in half for efficiency in extreme heat, as I understand. So far these panels are performing very well. They wake up early and continue to perform at low light in the late afternoon, which is what I was shopping for. Have a look around. I have a source, but they move fast I was told at the warehouse.
Not 500w, however I found choices are slim at the highest watt panels in my search. Delivery was another hurdle.

What kind of price are you finding on these? I have been looking at the 420 watt version of these Q Cells Q.PEAK-DUO-L-G8.2-420 . Are you using these on an RV roof, or what is your use case on these?

What kind of price are you finding on these? I have been looking at the 420 watt version of these Q Cells Q.PEAK-DUO-L-G8.2-420 . Are you using these on an RV roof, or what is your use case on these?
I have just received an email that the 395w LG2.5 are .42USD$ a watt. Located in north Los Angeles. I would like to purchase another dozen.
They are BIG, 4ftx6ft. I have them ground mounted at present to power my 1 acre property, for an Outback Solar 5kW system (well really, just under 5kW).
They really are excellent low light and high temperature range panels. When the sun is full on, they perform very well!

Back