diy solar

diy solar

Panels which seem a bit too inexpensive..

That is a great price! Wow...

When grid tie solar first emerged in Australia, many households got 1.5kw systems to get onboard. As time went on households would upgrade to 6.6kw systems making the 1.5kw kits redundant and sold off cheaply (or thrown away). My mppts are about 25% overpanelled, so inefficiencies of old panels aren't really an issue.

............... It's the difference between Watts divided by hours (W/h) and Watts multiplied by hours (Wh). ......................
Lemme see here.............If I try to see when dividing is appropriate and when multiplying is appropriate, I guess I'd start by imagining an appliance which consumes....let's say......10 Watts of power. If it were to run for one hour, then I would say that it used 10 W * 1 hour = 10 Watt hours of electricity. If it ran for 2 hours, then I would say that it used 10 W * 2 hours = 20 Watt hours of electricity. Is that correct? And is the proper abbreviation 20 Wh?

Looking at it from the other end......If I knew that an appliance had consumed 20 Wh of electricity and I also knew that it was rated at 10 W, then I could calculate that this appliance had run for 20 Wh/10 W = 2 hours.

And if I keep going down this road, I'll only confuse myself. At first, anyway.

Plus.....you've already been helpful by simply planting this question in my mind. There's no need for me to impose on your time and effort with further explanations. (Though if you see some awful error above which simply can not be allowed to stand, then I'd appreciate a 'heads up'.)

I'll simply keep in mind that I'd better nail down these abbreviations. I'll try to learn it by reading these threads. And I'll start by keeping in mind that a 'forward slash' definitely implies division.

Thanks and I'll see you around!

Lemme see here.............If I try to see when dividing is appropriate and when multiplying is appropriate, I guess I'd start by imagining an appliance which consumes....let's say......10 Watts of power. If it were to run for one hour, then I would say that it used 10 W * 1 hour = 10 Watt hours of electricity. If it ran for 2 hours, then I would say that it used 10 W * 2 hours = 20 Watt hours of electricity. Is that correct? And is the proper abbreviation 20 Wh?

Looking at it from the other end......If I knew that an appliance had consumed 20 Wh of electricity and I also knew that it was rated at 10 W, then I could calculate that this appliance had run for 20 Wh/10 W = 2 hours.

And if I keep going down this road, I'll only confuse myself. At first, anyway.

Plus.....you've already been helpful by simply planting this question in my mind. There's no need for me to impose on your time and effort with further explanations. (Though if you see some awful error above which simply can not be allowed to stand, then I'd appreciate a 'heads up'.)

I'll simply keep in mind that I'd better nail down these abbreviations. I'll try to learn it by reading these threads. And I'll start by keeping in mind that a 'forward slash' definitely implies division.

Thanks and I'll see you around!
Sounds like you’ve got it figured out!

Back