diy solar

diy solar

6-8 of Battle Born 100Ah batteries vs 2 of ECPC-12.8V 560Ah Bestgo battery pack

Virgil jones

Seeking opinions on 6-8 Battle Born 100Ah batteries vs 2 ECPC 12.8V 560Ah Bestgo Battery Pack for a Recreational Vehicle install. I just got the RV and will be covering the roof with solar panels....I’m a full time RVer and am off grid as much as possible. I have not been able to find reviews about the Bestgo battery.

They appear to be lithium ion cells. Not well suited to 12v use... would require regulated power supplies to support 12v loads due to Chemistry differences across the usable range of the battery. LiFePO4 has a better matched voltage to RVing...

they are advertised as lifepo4

Attachments

• 7B97D484-C7E9-4BDE-84C2-6BC46F80EED3.png
    7B97D484-C7E9-4BDE-84C2-6BC46F80EED3.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 59
Bestgo 560Ah for $1960. The text says lithium-ion. Spec sheet says LiFePO4. No specs seen for temp protection.

Not sure if this is stiull being followed. I was (am) considering the Bestgo battery and noticed in the warranty that they only promise it will be at 80% of stated capacity in the first year and 70% by the 5th and final year of the warranty. So, it's not clear that this battery will actually store 560Ah.

Update on my post above. I bought the Bestgo 400Ah 12V battery after many detailed conversations with Tony of Bestgo. I finished capacity testing a couple days ago. With 10A charge rate, starting at 14.6V and terminating at 11.2V (2.8V/cell), the battery produced 430.6Ah capacity, (5.58 kWh) well above the stated 400Ah capacity even though not discharging to the lower limit of 2.5V. I'm very impressed with the case and the entire fit/finish is excellent. The meter that comes on the unit was not very accurate (showing 9.16A while chaerging at 10A and showing 9.26 while discharging at 10A) and Tony explained that because these units are able to charge/discharge rapidly, the meter is good up to 200A so the accuracy suffers at lower charge/discharge rates. Very happy with this purchase and wanted to let anybody know who is still considering this battery. I have a screenshot of the capacity test and can provide this or the spreadsheet file if anybody wants it. I couldn't upload the screenshot here because the file type is unsupported.

Back