diy solar

diy solar

6500ex 2P1/2P2 L1/L2 Blk/Red?

jfharper

In the manual it says to hook up blk for Line 1 and red for Line 2. I have my inverters configured as 2P1 (Master) has the red wires, and 2P2 (Slave @ 180) has the black. Does Line 1 really have to be blk? My sub I'm connecting the inverters to have a blk and blue for 240. I was going to hook the blk to blk and red to blue. Is there a sine order I need to make sure I keep with the utility? If so, I may have to configure the inv with the blk wire as the master and the inv with the red wire as the slave 180...anyone know if it matters?

It doesn't matter at all, just keep it all consistent to help out with troubleshooting. In other words, don't mix black and red. Just adopt a standard, like L1 on the left/top and L2 on the right/bottom for lugs and breaker wiring. You can assign L1 the color black and L2 the color red, or the other away around!

Industry standard is blk for L1 and red for L2.
But, you can do whatever you want. The only rule is that white and gray can only be neutral. And green and bare can only be ground. Any other colors are acceptable for hots.

diy solar

diy solar
Back