diy solar

diy solar

800 watts solar need a parallel branch connector?

I don't know how your getting only 12.9a with 400 watts, I had a different set up 400 watts with the newpowa and renogy 200 watt and I was getting 20-25amps sometimes 28 amps peak, so that's why I'm trying to set this the way I'm doing it. Doubling that output puts me at 60 amps.
I really am not trying to offend you with this but this shows your lack of knowledge about how this works. Listen to the people here, save yourself a lot of hassle and just connect in series to the mppt.

The datasheet you posted in the other thread shows Imp = 12.9A. You have to read and understand what you're working with.

People keep asking for your panel specs sticker because they will tell us the panel voltage. Voltage on the PV side is almost always going to be much higher than on the battery side.

You don't calculate the amps for your PV wire/connectors based off the battery voltage- it's totally irrelevant. The amps are determined by the panel, and the sticker located on the back of almost every solar panel sold nowadays will give you a lot of numbers that can be used to determine what gauge of PV wire or which branch connectors you need to use to be safe.

If you can post a picture of that little sticker, people can help you determine what you actually need.

If you heve not brought the panels yet, you need to look around more, and not at ebay amerzon etc, with the masive prices talked about, as like ShaneC said, you can buy new high end 400w+ panels for about £100 each or less, I just brought some new 420w split cell panels for £80 each ($100), and like others have been saying 400w+- panels are normally 10 to 14 amps output, 40-30v, (amps X volts=watts) The high amps you are seeing are not panel amps, but the converted amps from the charge controller to the battery. Think of a MPPT charge controller like a DC-DC boost/buck converter, it takes high voltage low amps and converts it to the needed volts/amps, normally, lower votage higher amps which the battries need to charge, but dont get MPPT mixed up with PWM charge controllers.

Back