diy solar

diy solar

8x100ah vs 3x280ah?

Check out this video Will Prowse just release today

I have see it .

I know my battery shutdown.
After first connection of my Victron 1200ve model .
And switch the victron on .
All the capacitor have to charger up for the first time by a new device.
So it had a lot amp pulling out of the battery.
The battery 150a continu and 450a max for some seconds .
So the bms shutdown
Somting Victron support have tell me about it and worn me about with the victron battery protect device .
What i had set wrong like prowse dit in the first time.
But the bms shutdown first .
After restart of the bms never had that problem again.
A victron inverter can pull by the first use 1000a to charger the internal capacitor.

I would go for three 280Ah batteries in parallel. Bluetooth is a must so you can check on cell voltages. Wire each battery via a class T fuse then a dedicated isolator, then onto a +ve busbar. Try to keep cables between battery and busbar of equal length. On the negative side, wire all three to a power post so that you can fit a smart shunt to monitor SOC, before wiring onto the -ve busbar

For me the BT is about knowing how the cells are doing at the top of the charge.

If they are unbalanced (delta of >.050v) and only balance when above 3.4v then I’d adjust my usage to allow the balance to happen or charge via shore power.

Many a time people complain their batteries go into over voltage protection when voltage only hits 13.8v, they are blind to the unbalance and figure it’s a bad battery.

Most of the 12v batteries have a limit on the number you can parallel. Typically the max combination is 4s4p. So do the 3 x 280ah. The downside is weight.

diy solar

diy solar
Back