diy solar

diy solar

AA Portable Power Corp - LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery

MikeMN

Does anyone have experience with this company/battery? I'm looking at purchasing two to go into a truck camper with 200 watts of solar on the roof. They will replace two lead acid batteries that at 5 years old. Would like to do the Battle Born but can't afford them. Looked at the Valence on Ebay. These are new for just a little more in cost. Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery: 12.8V 100Ah (1280Wh, 100A rate) with BlueTooth Option - UN38.3 Passed

Link: https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo...te-with-bluetooth-option---un38-3-passed.aspx

I new here and still learning..... But plug and play Lifepo4 batteries from China seem to be limited on how many amps can be drawn. One builder clearly states the BMS will only let a 60 amp draw. So no motor starts or marine windless. Some I've seen only allow a 20 amp draw.
After reading a few great articles posted here.... There maybe a huge benefit to keeping one lead acid in parallel with the Lifepo4 's. So the lead acid takes the heavy, short term load, like starting an engine, and acts as a amp dump in the event the BMS disconnected the Lifepo4 Bank while being charged from solar or alternator.
Please.... Any comments are encouraged.

diy solar

diy solar
Back