diy solar

diy solar

AC200max - adding a B300 in a year

crayfish21

I've heard that it's best to get batteries all at the same time, since mixing newer batteries with older batteries is less efficient.

Is that true for the AC200max as well? For example, if I were to get the AC200max, use it for a year, and then add a B300, and then add another B300 a year after that, would that work fine. Or would I lose a lot of efficiency in the batteries since they would all have different charge cycles and ages.

Thanks for the help!

Not an efficiency thing at all.

It's that newer batteries in parallel will take more of the load/charge than the old, thus hastening their wear rate until it matches the older ones. If all cells are operating within specs, the impact will be negligible.

I think that is so, but don't think one would notice lesser efficency, unless you had a few thousand cycle use, then adding a unit. BMS should reduce those issue and also the firmware of Bluetti could help or make it worse. What the chance of them telling us one way or another?

I am planning to use my 3 lifepo4 to top off when needed. Also have honda generator. It my understanding one can use the solar input connected to battery bank for best charging rate. If 100 watt not enough using the car cigarette socket. There are video of this going on. I did ask Bluetti about this practice but as usual no replyl

ugh!

Back