diy solar

diy solar

Add Solar and Storage to existing ECOFLOW Delta Pro setup

RLM4JC

I am pretty new to solar and DIY'ed an entire Solar Setup using the Ecoflow delta pro product suite. I also have a Powerhorse 7.5k inverter generator as a secondary backup that is triple fuel capable. Currently I have the genny hooked up to my natural gas. What I want to do now is zero out my bill and potentially sell back to utility with a hybrid inverter. I have thought of adding a Sol-Ark 15K, additional 14K of panels, server rack of (6) eg4 batteries ect. Sol-Ark is also coming out with a 14 circuit smart home panel (Smart Loads 14) that is sort of like the smart home panel I now use with Ecoflow. My question is how will I integrate the two vendor systems? Ecoflow of course wants me to stay in their product suite and just purchase and land additional Ecoflow pros, smart home panels (SHP) and smart batteries. That will likely be an additional $25K and I dont like the 3.2kw max for ecoflow.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220817_090217.jpg
    20220817_090217.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220817_085949.jpg
    20220817_085949.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220817_085854.jpg
    20220817_085854.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220817_085831.jpg
    20220817_085831.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 108
Nice set up and good work! That’s where I want to be here soon. With your system. So I don’t have any suggestions and I am new also but I have an Eco Flo delta pro and I’m enjoying it so far. I have nowhere near the set up you have but slowly but surely. Good luck

Here is a list of my set up. 2 Delta Pros, 4 Extra smart batteries, Ecoflow smart home panel running in 120 volts. Ecoflow double voltage hub. Uline cart and wheels (see minuteman prep youtube channel for set up). 30 and 50 amp power inlets, one external for portable generator and one internal for Ecoflow system. 2 main panel interlock kits for each power source, fuel or battery. 8 Canadian Solar 440 watt panels in 2S2P, 4 panels for each Delta pro. 8 awg pv cable for all DC runs by windynation and temco, 4 port Aimes DC quick connect switch. Ecofoot 2+ ground mount kit by Unirac.

Here is a list of my set up. 2 Delta Pros, 4 Extra smart batteries, Ecoflow smart home panel running in 120 volts. Ecoflow double voltage hub. Uline cart and wheels (see minuteman prep youtube channel for set up). 30 and 50 amp power inlets, one external for portable generator and one internal for Ecoflow system. 2 main panel interlock kits for each power source, fuel or battery. 8 Canadian Solar 440 watt panels in 2S2P, 4 panels for each Delta pro. 8 awg pv cable for all DC runs by windynation and temco, 4 port Aimes DC quick connect switch. Ecofoot 2+ ground mount kit by Unirac.
50amp outlet? What can it power?

The 50 amp power inlet is for my powerhouse 7500 inverter generator only. That runs the critical loads and can recharge the DP's if there is no sun for a while and the grid is unavailable. Just extra redundancy; backup to the backup.

Reactions: Tym
Currently right behind you on the Ecoflow Setup, but I have also become intrigued with the Sol-Ark offerings, now that their smart load panel is right around the corner. I am assuming you should get close to covering your whole house once 10 circuits are in your EcoFlow SHP and 14 are with Sol-ark? One side question; I am trying to piece together what you are using the Double Voltage Hub for in your setup photo? Can't we just run infinity cables from DPs into the SHP and be done?

Reactions: Tym
I purchased the DVH, just to have the option of powering anything in my service panel if I needed to in a pinch at my choosing, being mindful of Ecoflow capacity. The DVH option to me is a SHTF choice and I rarely use it and had it prior to my SHP, so it just hangs there at the ready in the rack ready for duty. Having said that, I recommend having one regardless if you install the SHP.

Our house is 1,864 sq ft so the single EFDP and SHP will be fine for the small amount of items to be powered for now. A battery will be purchased next. If I need it. I like to buy one EcoFlow piece at a time to make sure I need it. I do not want to over-purchase if I don’t need it.

Currently right behind you on the Ecoflow Setup, but I have also become intrigued with the Sol-Ark offerings, now that their smart load panel is right around the corner. I am assuming you should get close to covering your whole house once 10 circuits are in your EcoFlow SHP and 14 are with Sol-ark? One side question; I am trying to piece together what you are using the Double Voltage Hub for in your setup photo? Can't we just run infinity cables from DPs into the SHP and be dJ

I will be integrating the Solark15K inverter with my existing Ecoflow system family. Adding (1) Solark15k per their manual for a single inverter (see attached). Eventually I would like to add another Solark15k in a few years to parallel them for more battery amperage when in a total grid down scenario or if I decide to go full off grid at times in the year. Since I live in the northeast, bad weather and the winter sun hours don't mix well. I will also be adding (24) 460watt bifacial panels and (6) v2 EG4's for additional battery storage. Has anyone else added to a full Delta Pro setup with SHP? Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Solarkark 15K single.jpeg
    Solarkark 15K single.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I am pretty new to solar and DIY'ed an entire Solar Setup using the Ecoflow delta pro product suite. I also have a Powerhorse 7.5k inverter generator as a secondary backup that is triple fuel capable. Currently I have the genny hooked up to my natural gas. What I want to do now is zero out my bill and potentially sell back to utility with a hybrid inverter. I have thought of adding a Sol-Ark 15K, additional 14K of panels, server rack of (6) eg4 batteries ect. Sol-Ark is also coming out with a 14 circuit smart home panel (Smart Loads 14) that is sort of like the smart home panel I now use with Ecoflow. My question is how will I integrate the two vendor systems? Ecoflow of course wants me to stay in their product suite and just purchase and land additional Ecoflow pros, smart home panels (SHP) and smart batteries. That will likely be an additional $25K and I dont like the 3.2kw max for ecoflow.
Thanks.
are you feeding 240V from the ecoflow delta's and using the eco flow smart home panel at the same time?

Added more PV, EG4 LL V2's and a Sol-ark 15k.

Attachments

• 20230704_094153.jpg
    20230704_094153.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230701_080728.jpg
    20230701_080728.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 27
Added more PV, EG4 LL V2's and a Sol-ark 15k.
So I'm looking at doing something similar. I will be off grid though. The cost of bringing in electric and a neighbor who went back on his word for the easement agreement that's needed for power company. So we are going off grid I love the ecoflow and also been looking at SolArk15. With a generator as back up. I wondered what the benefits are for using ecoflow and solark with a battery setup. What is the ecoflow providing that more batteries wouldnt and vice versa? I like the idea of ecoflow being portable and I'd we went to our cabin which has power but frequently loses it during storms or just being prepared for SHTF. How are you liking your setup? I know your connected to the grid how much of your electricity are you able to cover with current setup? I love the solar but I also looked at mixing in some wind for some of those cloudy days and since we have a high level of wind in the county we are building in. THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT

If you want to go completely off grid and have an EV and pool, I don't recommend the Ecoflow setup I have. If your peak electrical demand is 50 KWH or less in a given day my setup should be more than enough without the Ecoflow platform. You are 100% on the portable advantages of the Ecoflow DP platform, I can take these things anywhere, or if I get stranded in the EV, I can use it to recharge enough to get to the next supercharger. I only have Ecoflow as a whole house backup system and stated with them because as a DIYer that's what I first came accross in 2022 when I was in the planning stages. Kudo's to the platform because it it helped me to ramp up on my knowledge of solar engineering from pretty much nothing at all. The great advantage the Ecoflow has is the SHP. Its a great way to track and control the circuits you have and Isolate them for SHTF scenarios. No need to install a sub panel since the smart home panel is the critical loads panel. I think Sol-Ark is coming with a smart-14 panel that handles 14 circuits, 4th quarter this year. As for 100 percent replacement from the grid? That is what I am striving for. July was a good month to get the figures and capacity plan. I have a very inefficient 4 ton AC. I was pulling 70 KWH from PV in a day on the most demand and had to charge still at night for about 23 KWH. I just bought another 6 EG4 LL v2 batteries and that should get me though the highest demand for 100% electrical replacement. Before Sol-Ark and EG4, I went from about 5000+ a year in electrical to about 2200. If the new setup is trending the way I see it, that 2200 may go to 0 on the electric bill. Also I have an EV and pool with heat pump, so much more electrical demand on my side.

Back