diy solar

diy solar

Adding a 2/0 to a bank with 1's?

solarstuff

I'm out of cable and connector options in my small town. Will I throw off my batter chemistry by combining my 2 24v pairs together with a 2/0awg?

I'm connecting 4x12v agm's in series parallel for 2x24v. All my bank connectors & in/out to Growatt 3000w are 1awg. I'm one short!

What is the wisdom, gang?

Wll I throw off my batter chemistry by combining my 2 24v pairs together with a 2/0awg?

No. People connect batteries with wires all the time. Why would you suspect it would for your batteries?
Are the batteries mismatched or ??
No: all identical brand and capacity.

I know bigger awg is better, but I wondered if there was some problem with battery chemistry between two banks wired together.

Thanky Mr. Sandals :)

I know bigger awg is better, but I wondered if there was some problem with battery chemistry between two banks wired together.
The size of the wire is important for carrying the amps between the batteries. You have to make sure that you wire the battery in a balance manner, with the load and charge for + going to one 24V pair, and the load and charge - going to the - of the other 24V pair.

What loads and charge currents do you expect to have? This is the consideration for the size of the wires between your batteries.

Following these models with + from one bank to Growatt + and - from opposite corner of other bank to Growatt -.

Loads will be a fridge and a microwave and recharging battery packs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-091803_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210818-091803_YouTube.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210818-090438_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210818-090438_Chrome.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 4
The size of the wire is important for carrying the amps between the batteries. You have to make sure that you wire the battery in a balance manner, with the load and charge for + going to one 24V pair, and the load and charge - going to the - of the other 24V pair.

What loads and charge currents do you expect to have? This is the consideration for the size of the wires between your batteries.
Didn't answer your question:

Refrigerator and microwave combined surge wattage (it will happen sometime) would be 5000w And the growatt is rated for 6000w.

What about the running watts? Surge is fairly momentary and usually not a factor (to me anyway) in calculating wire size and ampacity requirements.
Well under 3000w and thebgauge calculators recommended 1 awg for that power at runs of 6 ft (and my longest is under 3).

Did I miss anything?

Back