diy solar

diy solar

Building a 24 V battery bank: Using 12V batteries is much cheaper, but is it worth it over using 24V batteries?

High pitched whine... That's good to know!
Fortunately it is not near any sleeping quarters. I'll set it up and see how all of this goes.

Do you have that particular brand, the PowMr, or do you have something else that doesn't look like that?
Is the PowMr unit good, or are there better units?

Thanks!

High pitched whine... That's good to know!
Fortunately it is not near any sleeping quarters. I'll set it up and see how all of this goes.

Do you have that particular brand, the PowMr, or do you have something else that doesn't look like that?
Is the PowMr unit good, or are there better units?

Thanks!
I have a few of this one.. but I think they are all made at the same place.

61OGfL+mv+L._SL1500_.jpg

So they basically work ok? If so, that seems like a bargain.
I bought one. It worked fine for about 6 months in my hot Texas garage, then all the numbers on the LCD readout started to go wonky and report incorrect readings. It seemed to still be working, in that it was distributing current from one battery to another as expected.

I wrote to them on Amazon and explained the situation. They sent me a replacement, for the last 2 months or so, so far so good. I'll see if makes it through the winter and another hot Texas summer.

For me knowing each of the off the shelf cheap units have very limited visibility of the cell voltages and ability of changing the BMS settings will keep my in DIY.

For me knowing each of the off the shelf cheap units have very limited visibility of the cell voltages and ability of changing the BMS settings will keep my in DIY.
Nothing at all wrong with DIY. The BMS's are better, the cells are likely better, the ability to fix / troubleshoot is better.

Back